Overfeeding? Constipation? Am I overreacting???

Rachie

Reaction score
Hello All

Haven't posted on here for ages so 'hello' again :wave: , I've been kind of frazzled with my beautiful new baby girl :wink:

Libby Rose is now three weeks old and I can't stop worrying that we are overfeeding her... I am obsessively recording the times and amounts she takes at every feed (had to move onto formula at 10 days after problems b/fing), she is already on at least 24 oz in 24 hours which seems a lot for her age - when she cries I try everything else to soothe her first but when she's hungry there is only so much you can do... :roll:

She has also been constipated since we moved onto formula which we are kind of clearing with a little OJ in some water, but I worry that we seem to be having to do this every day and I'd rather fix what is causing it than just keep chucking OJ down her neck - I'm also worried about too much sugar from the OJ... :oops:

Basically, does anyone else have any experience with newborns seeming to take too much food? Am I overreacting or am I right to worry about overfeeding her? Any thoughts or experiences from anyone else would be really appreciated...

XX

Stanley always shovelled it down and I was told when he was tiny that you can't overfeed.

Would changing formula help his constipation? Stanley was blocked on SMA gold but Cow and Gate Comfort loosened him up.

Thanks Minxy - the HV is coming today so I'll ask about formula.

I seem to be getting highly stressed over everything!

Thanks XX :hug:

we had to change Matildas formula 3 times before she settled down, she had constipation with the first, the 2nd she was always hungry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back