• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ovaltine & Hiccups!

Lulu_Laroo

Reaction score
Does anybody know if Ovaltine is safe to drink whilst pregnant? I love the stuff, but apparently it contains a quarter of your recommended allowance of vitamin A, and I wondered if that was ok alongside taking my pregnacare tablets.

Also, I seem to have repetitive hiccups! Does anybody else suffer with this? I was wondering if it's to do with the pregnancy or just because I've been eating like a pig since I found out :oooo:

Last edited:
I've always had really funny hiccups. tend to get them every 2 seconds for about a minute then they stop for a bit then start again. Since getting pregnant they seem to have somehow got worse! No joke, it's like I only have to look at a chip and I get them, and it's literally every second and they're really loud :)
I'm guessing it's to do with muscles changing the diaphragm or something

hehe don't know about the Ovaltine, but I hear you with the hiccups, every time I change position I hiccup, every time I have a drink, I hiccup, every time I eat something, I hiccup. I even woke up hiccuping a couple of weeks ago, it's ridiculous, getting to become very tiresome but OH thinks it's hilarious........ looking back I was hiccuping lots more before I even knew I was pregnant, I guess it's just one of my pregnancy things....maybe one of yours too!

lol becky, mine are really loud too. It keeps happening at work and it's really embarrassing because I have no control over them! Like my whole upper body jumps!

And ooh that's great news about the ovaltine, vixforever, thanks :)

Ovaltine is deffinatly a go. And the hiccups has to be one of the worst symptoms Ive had. I kind of hoped it would have been a first trimester thing, but Im about to go into the third trimester and theyre still here with a vengance. I think its something we're guna have to live with sadly. :(

Apparently malted things, which I think ovaltine is???...are good for folic acid? Not sure 100% but I'm sure I heard it somewhere :)

Well I just picked up my Bounty mum to be pack, I know im early too excited lol and in it was a pack of Ovaltine, so surely it must be good for you? xx

Boo hoo, I only got a couple of de-caffienated teabags in my bounty pack! :(

Bounty Packs? Do elaborate.. :p

Last edited:
Mjor sulk now I didn't get teabags or ovaltine (not that I drink either but NOT the point) in my bounty pack! Ps bounty pack is a bag full of info, leaflets, free things in some cases, coupons, vouchers, offers etc I got mine at my booking in appointment-mw gave it me x

wait till your baby gets the hiccups, my wee one gets them all the time. you can see your stomach jump cause of them when they get alot bigger

Mjor sulk now I didn't get teabags or ovaltine (not that I drink either but NOT the point) in my bounty pack! Ps bounty pack is a bag full of info, leaflets, free things in some cases, coupons, vouchers, offers etc I got mine at my booking in appointment-mw gave it me x

Don't fret, that's not your mum-to-be bounty pack! There's a voucher inside one of the booklets for your first bounty pack which you just take to certain shops which have them and you get it for free. I know boots have them cos I work for them and we have the packs in the stock room! Can't wait to get mine but better hang on until my colleagues know lol.
Then later on you get ones for your baby at certain ages :)

The bounty packs are mainly full of leaflets, but i did get the ovaltine, a decafe can of coke, a pampers new born nappy (ahhh so tiny) and a small pack of pampers wipes. You get a leaflet in your pack from midwife which i took to Boots to collect it. Better than nothing though I guess!!!
Lulu boooo at only getting tea bags!!!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back