OV...?

Piglet's Mama

Reaction score
Evening all,
I have been using my OPK's over the last 3 days. I started to get some creamy like CM (quite a lot of it actually) and I thought yesterday my tests were starting to get darker. Today however, there seems to be no line whatsoever, not even to show a negative...
Confused.com
I'm assuming the creamy CM comes before the EWCM or am I way off completely?
MissJ - you will know this! Help!
x

Last edited:
It does vary a lot, some people find it gets creamy just before OV. I found a website which helped me, I'll see if I can find it for you if you want? I don't use OPKs so cannot help with that hun, sorry. :(

x

This isn't the one I was originally thinking of, but it explains the phases of CM through a cycle. http://infertility.about.com/od/tryingtoconceive101/a/cervicalmucus.htm

Last edited:
Thank you hun, very helpful :)
Told you I would be looking out for CM this cycle!
How you getting on? x

Hi Jenny
I feel like I should try and advise, since I've got through about 150 OPKs so far! :)
I'd say keep testing - my opk lines can be quite varied... lightish, then a bit darker, then gone altogether, then suddenly WHAM! mega dark line in my face!
What day of your cycle are you on? And how long are your cycles normally?
Xx

I think they describe it as stretchy when you ov like you can stretch it between your forefinger and thumb but a lot of people differ xxx

Lol no prob! :p

I'm ok, feel a bit more chilled than earlier, guess it's just a waiting game now really. Been looking at OPKs, don't think it's worth buying them right now as I'm CD45 but then again, they're known to pick up preg hormone right??... *Sigh..* x x

Hi Bead,
I am on CD16 - my cycles have been v. irregular since July; my last cycle was 57 days! That said, I took Agnus Castus for the first 14 days of this cycle and when I was acting like a mental person on Thursday I thought "hang on a min - these crazy PMS-like symptoms are way too early for AF, am I OV-ing?". So I did an OPK on Thurs, it was quite faint, then yesterday, I had a load of creamy CM in underwear (TMI - soz), and when I did an OPK it was def darker then the day before! Today, a little more creamy CM but line on OPK barely there... thinking it def could be OV; what do you think?
x

Last edited:
Lol no prob! :p

I'm ok, feel a bit more chilled than earlier, guess it's just a waiting game now really. Been looking at OPKs, don't think it's worth buying them right now as I'm CD45 but then again, they're known to pick up preg hormone right??... *Sigh..* x x

Awww sweet. Felt totally fed up towards the end of my first cycle; I KNEW I wasn't preggo but I was then on CD50+ and was about to kill someone. Had a word with myself though and thought "I just have to relax and go with this... it's out of my hands". The next day, I came on.

I am so hoping this is your BFP (always think of you every day!), you know from your Sis's it may take a while for your BFP to show - don't let it get you down x

Aw thanks hun, that's really sweet. :)

I know it could just be a bugger of a cycle but part of me feels like it's more, I'm still considering whether to test now or to leave it. I do have 19 tests lol! x x

The other thing is, I've been much more relaxed this time round than I was last cycle and today was just one of those days where I was hoping a cheapie would give me some kind of signal but obviously not.
:( x x

Hi Bead,
I am on CD16 - my cycles have been v. irregular since July; my last cycle was 57 days! That said, I took Agnus Castus for the first 14 days of this cycle and when I was acting like a mental person on Thursday I thought "hang on a min - these crazy PMS-like symptoms are way too early for AF, am I OV-ing?". So I did an OPK on Thurs, it was quite faint, then yesterday, I had a load of creamy CM in underwear (TMI - soz), and when I did an OPK it was def darker then the day before! Today, a little more creamy CM but line on OPK barely there... thinking it def could be OV; what do you think?
x

Hmmm... I wouldn't like to bet either way :)
I'd say play it safe, and keep testing / bd'ing, just in case you haven't ov'd yet.
Fingers crossed the Agnus Castus will get things settled down for you :dust: Xx

MissJ - I think I put it on another post; why don't you test again in the morn with FMU then if it's negative, leave it until 50 days?

Bead - I think the same, don't want to get too excited about AC working this quick as it will just be my luck I OV in about 3 weeks LOL! Will keep testing the next few days and keep up the BD-ing x

I couldn't resist and did another test. I held it right up to the light and still swear I see a v. faint line but could just be my eyes playing tricks on me. I wish my camera took better pics!!! x x

Not going to test again til next week sometime. Will try again at taking a pic but can't promise anything! x

"For example, your cervix moves up higher, becomes softer, and more open just before ovulation. Also, your cervical mucus goes from a sticky consistency to a more creamy, then watery, and finally, raw egg white like consistency. Once ovulation passes, cervical mucus will dry up and return to a more sticky consistency."

I think I'm on "creamy" so hurrah, it could be just around the corner! Fingers crossed! x

I couldn't resist and did another test. I held it right up to the light and still swear I see a v. faint line but could just be my eyes playing tricks on me. I wish my camera took better pics!!! x x

Not going to test again til next week sometime. Will try again at taking a pic but can't promise anything! x

Very faint is very good! It could be your BFP and it's just playing hide and seek!
You're not out yet MissJ x

I'm just uploading them to see if I see it better when it's on the computer as the pic will be bigger. I'm going to keep it and see if OH can see it... I'd rather wait til I got a proper dark line but I need his unbiased opinion lol. x

Posting in "Am I Pregnant?" part of the forum.. x

I can't see the faint line anymore. :( Must be my biased eyesight lol. x

Just checked and have more EWCM, only a dinky bit but it's def there!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back