Ouch!!!

Ali K

Reaction score
I've been having a nightmare recently with my 8 and 1/2 month old little boy! A couple of weeks ago he started to clamp his top teeth down onto his tongue as he pulled away from my nipple when he was feeding (and would do this repeatedly), making my nipple very tender and eventually making the skin raw! Ouch!

So I started to express and feed him from the bottle to give them a chance to heal which seemed to be working. I did this for around a week (which was a total pain and I had to use up all my frozen milk stores as I couldn't pump that much) and have just started nursing again but today he BIT ME!!! REALLY HARD!! There was blood and searing pain!

I think it might be something to do with him teething again on his lower jaw but I think I have to resort to supplementing him with formula and pumping again.

Does anyone have any suggestions to stop him biting or pulling? I've tried lying on my bed to feed him so I could change angle but this isn't always convenient!

Help me! I'd planned to nurse until 1 year but I may have to stop earlier!

Sorry, don't know the answer but good luck. That sounds sore x

Dylan has done it since he was much younger..put your little finger in his mouth and take him off your boob say no firmly , i have to put my boob away so he knows if he does it no milk...
D doesn't do it very often now but i know that pain :hug:

I put my hand behind Evie's head so if she bit she couldn't pull back as well, that was what I found really painful. :D

Bam used to bite but i solved it thank god :shock:

When she bit me i screamed really loudly and pulled her from the boob. She cried bless her (i felt awful) but few times doing that and she doesnt bite me now :D THankgod, she has 4 razor blades in there now...

Thanks everyone, I am still in incredible pain today and you can even see where the teeth broke the skin!

I think I'm going to pump and maybe supplement but he's got 8 teeth now so I can't se it getting much easier!!

DS does this occasionally. When he does it I break him off with my finger, tell him no firmly, put my boob away and sit him down on the floor. Now he doesn't do it much at all, just if he's feeling frustrated.

Hope your nips heal soon, it's not nice!

Hey,

I've no advice as we're not there with you but DD sucks really hard and bites down with her gums when she's got sore toothypegs coming through (I imagine) and that hurts like b*ggery, so I sympathise.

Valentine Xxx

Hi everyone!

I ended up going to the Doc's as my nipples were incredibly sore and it turned out that I had an infection!! Yey! The indignity of it all! I now have a specially mixed cream called "Triple Nipple" which made me chuckle!

I had to give Will a bottle of formula to supplement him yesterday and he drank 8oz without blinking, it seemed like he didn't even notice the difference!!!!

Hopefully I'll be healed soon but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to BF again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back