Ouch! Sucking too hard!

inky

Reaction score
Now that Cahal is getting bigger and stronger by the day it seems, his suck reflex seems to gave gone into overdrive abd he sucks so hard it's really starting to hurt! I love breast feeding but am really struggling with sore nipples and it's making me dread the next feed which makes me feel horrible :(

there is plenty of milk there for him and I let him feed until he comes off the breast on his own no matter how long it takes and no matter how much it hurts. I've also tried expressing and feeding him from a bottle but I just don't seem to be able to find the time to express enough, even with a pump

has anyone had any experience with boisterous baby and got any ideas for how to stop him from sucking so hard? My poor nips will never be the same again lol!!

Do u have any breastfeedin support in ur area,it mite b that u may need to adjust his positioning slightly. The only time I found that bf hurt was wen my son was really hungry so didn't latch on properly xxxx

Would nipple shields help? X

Think it might be a positioning issue after all, he's started really fidgeting around today, La Leche run a baby cafe in town on Friday so think I might go get some advice. perhaps we've slipped into some bad positioning habits!

Re nipple shields - my midwife told me to steer clear of them but to be honest I can't remember why!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back