Other People's Babies

Juice

Reaction score
My cousin had a baby today. I was kind of dreading it happening because I knew it would make me feel sad. How selfish is that!! I feel so horrible. I am happy for her, of course! But I also feel jealous, bitter and sad.

We're not even that close and I hardly ever see her so I don't know why I'm that bothered. I guess just seeing my Nana's delighted face when we got the news (Nana was here at mine when she got the call) was heartbreaking because it was the same face she did when I told her I was pregnant.

Sigh! I can cope with emotions but this many at once - and so varying - is pretty difficult. I don't feel mature enough to deal with this sh*t!

Last edited:
Oh it's awful isn't it, having to put on a fake smile, even though deep down you really are so happy for them, you can't help but feel sad and bitter. It's not selfish at all, it's hard to deal with.

Luckily I personally don't know many people who are pregnant at the moment, but even just looking on Facebook at people's babies, who I haven't even spoken to in years, is hard.

Don't feel bad, it's only natural to feel this way after what you've gone through x

I understand completely Juice! Our best friends just had a baby last week and we are delighted for them but it also makes us feel so sad for our current situation, it's just not fair!!
This is on top of various other pregnancy and birth anouncements on facebook, including one for what would have been my due date. Sometimes it feel like it's happening for everyone else but not us :(
Timtam is right , it's compleely normal to feel like this and you shouldn't feel guilty xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back