Other people picking up your child

lauramumof2

Reaction score
How do you feel about people picking up or attending to your kids.

Whenever I go to m&b group, I am always reluctant to pick up other peoples kids. For example, this wee boy was crying, he was about 2. I looked around but couldnt see anyone coming that looked like a mum. So I asked him if he was okay and did he want me to help. I know its a bit silly asking a baby but I didnt want to pick him up and for the mother to rush over and snatch him off me, especially as I didnt recognise him and to him, im a stranger.
But then this other woman came over and picked him up and took him over to his mum who hadnt noticed and one of the other girls said, I think he hurt his hand. I was quite sad thatI hadnt been able to help and in hindsight I should have picked him up. I dont have a problem with someone picking up Jessica.

What do you think? This is why I am nervous and shy at these things, I just dont know how to react.

It's a difficult one.

I'm not sure I would go up to a child who doesn't know me unless they were obviously in pain or lost etc.

I think I'd probably have done the exact same thing you did in that situation.

Not sure how I'd feel about a stranger picking Phoebe up either. I'd like to think that I'd be the first to see if she had hurt herself. Probably not always possible but I guess it's a Mummy instinct. :lol:

I think the same as BubbleOne, I think I would have done the same as you. I only pick up peoples kiddies who know me. I don't think I would like a stranger picking Damien up, but I don't mind anyone I know picking him up :)

i think the same as bubble and sami, h8 neone im not sure on picking B up, if i know them its ok lol

thanks, I feel a bit better about it now. You would assume that someone in a m&b group would be okay to pick up your child but you just never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back