arghhhhhhh!!!!!!

Krystal

Reaction score
right ok deep breaths...

MIL/FIL just popped in for a cupa, love them both dearly and they are fantastic, first granchild so spoil him.

but i'm getting sooo annoyed, soon as they walk in, straight over to pick JT up! even though he was settled, now he aint a newborn anymore and TBH he gets chewy really quickly when he's picked up, much more settled in his swing or on his playgym!

so they leave and i'm left with a crying baby who wont settle for 20 mins!!! :x

am i out of order if i tell people to stop picking him up? if i should tell them how do i do it without offending them?

i feel horrible cos i know they love him and just wanna see him but they can coo over him and get him to smile without picking him up?

i'm i being silly?

Your not being silly at all...
Mayb next time when they pop over just say casually (sp) that you have just got him settled can they just leave him for a bit :)

Your the one who wil have to settle him again when they have gone :) :hug:

i think i might have a word with them and try and say it as nice as possible and hope they're not offended... thanks for replying :hug:

Sounds familiar!! Mine were the same with DD, but used to have a camera in her face all the time and really wind her up, i.e. 'Ella, Ella, Ella, no this way Ella, smile, Ella Ella, Ella' (sooo frustrating!), they're still like it and keep on with them, but we only see them every 2-3 weeks so it's not too bad and if they are being a bit much then DH will say something now. It used to drive me mad and I remember one day they wound her up so much that she was crying for hours after they left, that was the last straw tbh so I stopped seeing them without DH there.

totally understand FIL exactly the same and has continued now luke is 9 months old, nip it in the bud now else you will have huge problems believe me :wall:

its lovely they care but they need to know how you feel, i have now started to get stroppy with my inlaws as it seems to be the only way they understand. but i do love them too and i know its because they love their grandchild so much! You wait til they start bringing over a present for him every visit, i can't move for large bulkiest presents cluttering up my living room, not that im ungrateful but he doesn't need all these toys! :wall: sorry rant over :oops: - good luck :hug:

omg the camera thing sounds soooo familiar.. haha

oh i do feel bad cos they are lovely, OH is older than me (34) so they never thought he was gonna settle down and give them a granchild. i suppose i should nip it in bud though cos i can imagine i will def start getting snappy :x :lol:

My OH's family are the same, picking her up as soon as they walk through the door, trying to blind her with the flash on their camera :x

I wouldn't mind so much but she doesn't even like them she starts crying after a couple of minutes of them picking her up (I think she knows how horrible they was to me when I was pregnant)

I haven't said anything to them yet because it will just mean an argument for me and OH but it’s so frustrating :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back