OSCAR Scan Tomorrow

Ms Perkins

Reaction score
Got my Oscar tomorrow lunchtime - wish me luck girls!!!

Should be 12 weeks 5 days, so I suppose if all is well I'll be departing for the 2nd Tri!!!

Anyone else here had the OSCAR?

Oooh what is it? Sounds intriguing!

Good luck
x

I don't know what it is either, but good luck!

Hi Girls

Back from the scan and all is well - lovely little healthy baby (just the one!!) 12 weeks 4 days so bang on time!

An OSCAR is where they do the blood tests and scan to work out your chances of having a Downs Syndrome baby. It's a private scan, because i'm 37 we thought we'd have one done.

Due date confirmed at 13th August 2009.

Oh okay, so just another name for the nuchal translucency scan I guess? not come across that one before. Glad it went well, you must be very chuffed, well done!

Yay Ms P!
Glad all is well. Do you have to wait for your results?
glad baby is running on time :) xx

Not heard of it called that either. Interesting. I am surprised you weren't offered it on the NHS.But anyway glad it went well xxx

Yes that sounds like the Nucal Translucency scan. I've just booked mine for March 9th - day after my birthday. It is the best safe way of giving you a risk indicator of Downs Syndrome but at the moment if you want it you still have to pay in most places in Britain - Postcode Lottery at work. I live in liverpool and will have to pay £150 but my sister in law is a doctor (and also 30 weeks pregnant) and highly recomends that we do it.

Congrats on the good outcome so far, how long will you have to wait for the results?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back