• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oral thrush in a 9 month old advise wanted pretty please!

saffydreamer

Reaction score
Hey all,
In my previous post Ava has a febrile convulsion and went to hospital and it was because of a uti, However since coming off the antibiotics almost a week and a half ago she has got oral thrush, I took her to the g.p who gave us some medicine to put on her tongue 4x a day, that started to work, but we completed the course and its back again, back to the gp today whos put her back on the same medicine, pain really as it states that the medicine needs to stay on the tongue as long as poss (which just aint happening) The pharmacist said to get some live yoghurt or aptimal(sp?) to give Ava, has anyone heard of this or does anyone know if shes old enough to have them bacteria type yoghurts
my poor bubba is really going through the mill lately :(
thanks in advance, xxxx

Alot of people swear by pure glycerine(sp?) which you can get from health food shops, just on the end of a cotton but and gently rubbed onto the gums. Clark had it before but the medicine got rid before I got that far so I can't give you a personal reccomendation but thats what I was told by quite a few moms!?

Ooo that sounds good and tbh ill try anything, all these medicines cant be good for such a tiny person :(
she seems to have it on the inside of her lips and the roof of her mouth, unsure if its painful for them, but she seems jolly :D
thanks hun xxx

saffydreamer said:
all these medicines cant be good for such a tiny person :(

Thats exactly what I thought when Clark was ill and they had me giving him paracetamol and ibuprofen at the same time?? :eek: Did they tell you to do the same with Ava?

yea well the gp did tell me to use both after the 1st fit, but when Mik called Nhs direct to ask if ava needed to go back to gp's they said it was not recomended to use both :think:
In the end when her temp was in the 39's i used both and it eventually bought it down,
you just dont know whos advise to take, but when she did take both i sat up watching her almost all night :wall:

Live yogurt is great for thrush. Age old remedy. If your GP suggested it I can't see why you should not try it.

If not go back to your doctor and ask for daktarin. Kyran has suffered from thrush since about 6 weeks and this is the only stuff that seems to work. Its a gel that you rub around the mouth three times a day. I find that after a days use it completely goes.

OMG Somma, what is going on?! :( Your poor wee baby has went through so much recently. I have no advice I'm afraid but just wanted to give you both hugs (and Mik of course) :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back