Opk's with clomid

jonesy87

Reaction score
i know with taking clomid if you do OPK's to early they can give false positive's but does this happen the whole cycle?? ive been doing opk's everyday since it told me 2 and been getting positive OPK's every 2-3 days and the last 3 days got positive opk's so a little confused, i think we've covered my whole window so we will see

Clomid can cause an OPK to register a false positive. This will happen if the OPK is used too soon after finishing the prescription for Clomid. OPK manufacturers recommend that you should wait at least three days after stopping Clomid before using an OPK. Thus, if you take Clomid on days 3-7 of your cycle, you can begin to use the OPK on day 10. If you take Clomid on days 5-9, then you should wait until day 12 to use the OPK. Because Clomid causes the release of LH into the bloodstream, the ovulation predictor test will often notice this LH and give you a false positive result.

xxx

I didn't take clomid with a cycle I just took it as I don't have periods so waited till 3 days after I stopped taking the tablet but now 10 days on still getting positive opk's so don't understand.

As far as I know you cannot take clomid if you have not got a period as you need to take it on day 3 or day 5 of your cycle. The doctor which prescribed the clomid should have also put you on some form of medication to bring on a period?

No you can take it without a period as I conceived my son this way so I know it works

Oh right?! all sounds very confusing then, hadnt heard of being able to do that unless you are pregnant as OPKS pick up that too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back