OPK question...update...troubles with DH

HannahD

Reaction score
I hate these stupid OV kits...they're doing my head in!! Ok, can't figure out how to post pics on here so I'll have to try and describe it to you...

Right, now it says on packet POAS then wait 5 mins...well, 5mins is nearly up and there's a def line next to control but it's not quite the same (just slightly lighter) than the control line. On the literature that came with it it says it has to be the same or darker but on the actual outside wraper it just has 3 pics and 2 lines means positive.

I'm soooo confused!! Am I about to OV?!!!
Should I jump on my DH when he comes in? :rotfl:

RAAAAAAA, this baby making m'larky's a nightmare :wall:

Please help.... :lol:

Hi Hannah.
Ive done the opk this month too for the 1st time. It suggests not to drink for 4 hours before testing as it wont give a clear reading ie positive line the same or darker as test line. Now I'm a coffee holic (caffeine free tho) and cant go 4 hours with out a drink :shock: so I take a positive lighter line as a clear positive line. Now I only had 2 days with positives so to me that must of been my surge! (testing twice a day too) Also, it states on mine that once you get a positive line, you will ovulate 2 to 3 days after, so get bding now and the next 2 days to be sure. Have fun :D

Thank you Donna :hug:

I made sure I didn't drink very much in the last 4 hours and was exhausted so had a nap this afternoon. I think the fact that it's almost the same colour now...although well over the 5 mins!...prob is a +ve.

Ooooo, I just did another one using the Clearblue (oh dear, POAS addict!) and that's a definite dark line so am off for some serious BD'ing :lol:

Here's hoping... :pray:

Have fun Hannah, hope they catch that egg! And hun your chart isnt working! Have you got it set to show to the public?

Don't know what's going on with my chart....don't know how to set it for people to see?

Well, last night was a total disaster...basically, the BD'ing produced nothing :( I don't know whether it's the pressure on my DH to perform or what but the same thing happened last month. When it matters it just doesn't happen. He said last night, maybe subconsciously he doesn't want children. Great...where does that leave us? :cry: He said he didn't think that way but now he's said it it's just got me wondering.

We tried when he got home from work so when we went to bed I suggested we try again and he just said he was tired, it probably wouldn't happen and we should try again tomorrow. But now we're really strange with each other and it's my optimum time to conceive and it looks like it's not going to happen now.

*sighs*

so sorry to hear that hun :hug: not too sure what to say but didn't want to read and run :hug:
The pressure can be a lot to put on to the man & it obviously takes a lot longer to get 'results' when ur doing it more frequently. maybe you could try not charting/opks and just going back to bd every few days- u may not bd at exactly your peak day but without the pressure u may be in with a bigger chance. as for his comment if he says this is not how he feels it probably doesn't mean anything hun. he was probably just embaressed/frustrated with the situation and said anything that could possible explain it in the heat of the moment. i would trust him when he says its not how he feels. This whole ttc lark can put stress on a relationship if you let it but try not to let it bring you down- there is always next month (not much of a consulation though i'm sure!)
hope things work out for you :hug:
xx

Thank you puds :hug:

I think it's just too much pressure on us both. If I hadn't said the OPK was positive I'm sure all would've been fine.
It's all become so clinical and I think it's getting to my DH. I'm sure he just said what he did to difuse the situation but me and my brain started thinking about it, which probably was the worst thing to do!

I always said if it happened, it happened and was meant to be. I don't know what's going on with me at the mo?!! I'm becoming obsessed because I'm so much more aware of what's going on with my body. Maybe I should just shut up talking about it with him and just do things as and when, not just when it's the right time!

Why do things have to be so complicated sometimes?!

I know how you're feeling hun. I have been using opk's for the last 2 months but i haven't told my dh that i'm using them because i don't want him to think i have become totally obsessed with ttc as i know that would stress him out and he'd think he had to perform when i tell him. I just pounce on him when it's the right time and he loves it! Only problem is that this month i thought i sort of knew when i would ov so have been pouncing regularly but according to the clearview digital opk, i still haven't had a positive yet on day 23 of 33 ish day cycle so i think i've been jumping on him at the wrong time. Hopefully i'll get a positive very soon otherwise i'm wondering if i'm not ovulating at all :?

Good luck to you all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back