OPK help please!

Mrs N

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Hope you are all well! Bit of a stupid question really but when I do my OPK's the control line comes up straight away and the test line develops slowly. Dont htink that I have had a positive yet but wondered is that what happens all the time or when it is a positive does it show up immediately?
Not convinced that I am ovulating at the mo as wouldnt say that I had a definitive positive last month as was never darker than the control line but not sure if im doing anything wrong!!
Your help would be greatly appretiated!!
xxxxx

Hey :wave:

With OPKs the test line will either gradually get darker over a few days, your then get your surge then will gradually fade or the lines will be faint or non existence until you get your surge

The cheapie ones can be a lil hard to decipher as you won't always get a line as dark as the control line

It's worth keeping them though so you can see the pattern

xxx

It is a cheapie tesco one so that might well be the case!!
Thanks for that hunni, getting a bit bamboozled with opks!!
xxxxx

Yes, thats how all my cheapy OPK's and HPT's have developed and don't worry, my +ve OPK wasn't as dark as the control line either.

Hey Mrs N, i have found with the cheapies that you know when you are going to get a strong positive as you seen the line appearing much quicker but does take a min or so to develop

Have you tried testing more than once a day around the time you expect to OV as sometimes surge can be very short- just a few hours and easy to miss, my surges vary in length and strength every month

I never thought about doing it more than once a day, good idea there Nurse!! Its quite dark today but not quite as dark as the control line but as you guys said it could just be that i missed it slightly or that it is just like that coz it is cheapo!!
Was worried that I was seeing it darker coz of evap as opposed to being a positive!!
xxxx

Last month I had the clear stretchy cervical mucus two days before a +opk is this normal?

I think I have heard some of the other ladies saying that they get soemthing like that, cant say that I have ever noticed it around ov time to be honest!
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back