Worried, Nothing serious. Also posted in Ask a Mum

*Cupcake*

Reaction score
I dont know why but today I seem to of convinced my self that the sonographer was wrong and my baby will be a boy on the 4D scan not a girl. He said "I dont see a penis *looked some more* I think its a girl" Now at the time I took it to mean we were having a girl as there was a sign outside saying they could never be sure. I have loads of girls clothes. I know Im going to be stressing for the next 2 weeks now. I wouldnt mind if she was a boy, its just Ive bonded with her as a girl and I have so many girly items. Ive heard a few people say recently they know someone who was told one gender and ended up having the other. Anyone know someone that this has happened to?

All I do know is that it's more likely to be told you're having a boy and THEN find out it's a girl because all babies start with a rudimentary penis and then it shrinks in girls. There are however people on this site who have experience the other way :shock:

Remember the chances are very high the sonographer was right - at least you get the private scan to confirm :cheer:

That's interesting..we were told all babies start off as girls?
Every place you go to who can tell you the gender will say they can never be 100% sure of the sex, just in case they do get it wrong otherwise they might be sued etc. I don't think he would have said it was a girl unless he was quite sure.

What a great excuse to treat yourself to a second 4d scan :wink: :D

Your not alone lots of mums who choose to find out the sex go through this its only normal to have your doubts try not to worry as im sure if they were not sure they wouldnt of told you or they would of stressed they were not sure.

I felt the same before as they didnt sound very sure at my scan as baby was in an awkward postion. It took a few weeks to sink in that i was having a girl as i was convinced i was having a boy before the scan but now i refer to the baby has her and have a few names picked out and some pink clothes so i have also bonded with a baby i believe is a girl.

I do have a friend who got told she was having a girl then went on to have a boy so thats worried me but thats the risk of asking to find out as they can never be 100% sure. We have to sign a form at our hospital so if they were really not sure i dont think they would say at all.

I hope you enjoy your 4D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back