Only eating 3oz.. worried. Advice needed.

Funkylady

Reaction score
Help!

My little lady, who used to be such a hungry girl, finishing all bottles when she was tiny has since started only taking about 3 - 4oz a feed.

She starts the bottle, sucks for about 5 minutes then pulls off and cries... I try to walk her whilst feeding, which sometimes helps to get an extra ounce into her... but she rarely finishes a 5oz bottle now. Almost always leaving about 2 oz.

She was weighed 2 weeks ago and was 11lb 5oz, and I would guess at her being about 12 -12 1/2lbs now. (she was only 5lb 12 when born)

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a chance she may be teething? She does pick her gums alot and chew her fingers, but there is no sign of teeth yet....

Im getting slightly concerned as this has been happening for a good few days now.

Hope someone can help.

Thank you.

xxx

could it be the size of the teat? We had to change up a size yesterday as he was getting frustrated that the milk wasn't coming quick enough so he would give up and cry!

hope you find out whats bothering your bubs... :hug:

well she's on size 3 teats which i think is fast enough for her.

soo frustrating!

x

Hello there!
I am really sorry to hear that your little one has troubles feeding. Everything you described reminded me of my little one before she was diagnosed with reflux: a very good feeder suddenly not wanting to eat, happy to take the bottle but screaming after a couple of ounces, arching her back... I am not suggesting that your baby has reflux but it could be one of the options. My husband and I spent a month trying to help her with 'teething' which appeared to be reflux...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back