OMG what am I going to do with...

Squiglet

Reaction score
My eldest...

School holidays have started and I don't know what to do with her for the next 2.5 months.... there aren't many free things to do other than park/library and beach... any ideas?

ermm what about crafts etc ??? or do themed weeks???

I used to do planning for my local day care center so used to have to find stuff like this to do for like 40 children, its no easy :lol:

Send her over here, i'm on my school holidays too (cue pat on head) she can dig the vegetable garden and learn to ride :lol:

Does she not entertain herself?Beaches are complete playgrounds.. I remember on my school holidays I used to be out of the house at 9, back for my tea at 6, back out again til 8. I just used to roam round the beach and the rocks on my own, go swimming, try to catch crabs, try to nick other people's boats, trying to dam the river...

And later on when i got my horse I would go on picnic rides :lol:

failing that if it was rainy, i'd just read.

After you've gone somewhere, you can collect things from where you've been i.e. pebbles, shells etc and use drawing, making, sticking, to create something as a reminder.

Do you both/does she have a bike - you could go somewhere and ride around.

mmmm i'll have a think of some more

teach her to cross stitch :cheer: :cheer:

Or send her to me to keep paris company :rotfl:

I'm coming over in September,,,,,,,, get the kettle on - got a seven year old in tow too :wink:

Moomum said:
I'm coming over in September,,,,,,,, get the kettle on - got a seven year old in tow too :wink:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: will do :)

Decided I might get her to design and make her own dress... :) She will keep herself occupied for the most part, but she gets bored easily. She can't ride a bike, isn't allowed out on her own as she is the airy fairy sort and despite trying many times to make her aware of cars shes always lost in her own little world to care...she will get herself badly hurt one day. :roll: Just trying to think of different things to do when she is at home. :think:

teach her to ride a bike... she doesnt have to go off on her own then the pair of you could go out together fir bike rides and a picnic???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back