OMG OMG... They finally made it a movie... !!!

Squiglet

Reaction score
OMG OMG they finally made it into a movie.... I can't believe it...

(sorry monster-munch, you won't be able to see this on dial up)

http://www.goldencompassmovie.com/

Wrong name of course... but I am sure anyone who has read His Dark Materials will recognise the story :)

What makes me think that they will mess up the story line with this trilogy like they did with Lord of the Rings...?

:think: :think: :think:

The trailers for this in the cinema have looked *amazing* but I've never read the books so have no hopes or expectations as I did with LOTR.

Here is hoping for fans of his books the film does justice :)

Ive neverread the books but have heard they are great. I read a few years ago that the films were in the making

:shakehead:

From now on there is a rule that people cannot make posts or link things that I cannot see.

It's dial-upism and that's not very nice.

OMG I always said it would make a great movie! I LOVE the books so looking forward to this.

ps squig, how do you think they messed up the LOTR films? Just curious as I'm a lotr freak hehe

glitzyglamgirl said:
OMG I always said it would make a great movie! I LOVE the books so looking forward to this.

ps squig, how do you think they messed up the LOTR films? Just curious as I'm a lotr freak hehe

The first LOTR movie was a great interpretation of the book (even if they did forget about Tom Bombadil but hey :roll: )...

the second one was alright.. very good again.. but the ending of the last one.. OMG.. :shock: :shock: :shock:

In the books, the hobbits come back home to a heros welcome and rid the town of Saruman etc... making them even more the heros... but in the film, they just sorta came home, and I found it really depressing. Although JRR Tolkien vehemently denied that LOTR was based in anyway on the first/second World Wars... Tolkien was present at the battle of La Somme and I'm pretty sure that the emotions and feelings he describes in his books concerning the war, and the return home were based somewhat on his experience...

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/The+shell ... 0154698400

This is a really good site that gives loads of information as to the links between Tolkiens experiences and how they might be linked to the character Frodo. :) (might need to copy and paste it though.. :( )

But LOTR was such an intricate book that took years and year in the making, that you can understand why a movie of only a few hours long, couldn't possibly do it justice. They were beautifully made movies though... Games Workshop, worked hard

(I'm a bit of a Tolkien buff... read all his books :) ) :D

I loved the dark materials trilogy- hope the films are as good :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back