OMG!!!! My belly button moves on its own!!!!

laetitia85

Reaction score
I sat on my bed for about 45 minutes today, and poked my belly (u know u do it too!!). I still feel the occasional butterfly feeling but what really shocked me today was seeing my belly button go up and down, going in, then going out, very slowly.
At first I thought it was my breathing making it go up and down, just like u breathe and your belly follows the breathing movement, so I held my breath for about 5 seconds but it was still happening. In fact the up and down movement of my belly button really doesn't correspond with my breathing so I figured out it wasn"t the breathing that was causing it. It's so weird. Could it be baby moment? Has anyone else seen this happen? Am I mad??? I suggest you stare at your belly button for a while please I need to know that this is normal!! :shock:

ACTUALLY JUST FOUND A VIDEO TO SHOW WHAT MORE OR LESS HAPPENED
See how this woman's belly button pops out all of a sudden, well that's what happened to me but in a less aggressive way (she must be about 30 weeks!) and much slowier. And of course I don't feel kicks yet, but just watch the first few seconds of the video you'll see what I'm talking about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miIIPYH7yQ0

id just say its the baby moving lol or maybe theres an alien in there :)

enn said:

isn't it a bit early for that type of movement though? I'm only 17 weeks. Could it be body function movements? from the placenta or whatever?

No, it's not too early: I've felt my baby since 14 weeks and been able to see the kicks for many weeks too. My favourite evening pastime is watching the baby move around in my belly when I watch TV or have a bath. Even my kids can tell when my baby is kicking. Perhaps it depends on how slim you are?

My belly button does this as well. I know I am a little way ahead of you but I only noticed it a few weeks ago and it does it when the baby isn't moving about so I haven't got a clue what's going on in there but this baby does some really straaaaange things.

laetitia85 said:
enn said:

isn't it a bit early for that type of movement though? I'm only 17 weeks. Could it be body function movements? from the placenta or whatever?

I first felt the baby move at 15 weeks and I first felt kicking at 17 or 18 weeks. Your a model so your really really slim which means your bound to feel movement and kicking early on.

thanks everyone! i didn't know such movement could happen so early i'm really excited

Lucky you!!!! :cheer:

You got a scan date yet hun? Has your belly button gone funny yet and pushed out?!!!

Ooooh only 5 days to go
weddinggr.gif

frangelle said:

You got a scan date yet hun? Has your belly button gone funny yet and pushed out?!!!

Ooooh only 5 days to go
weddinggr.gif

my scan is on July 24th. Only half of my belly button has popped out lol it's weird! you can see it through my T-shirt, but only a small dot. Got my appointment with MW today. for blood test i think

laetitia85 said:
frangelle said:

Ooooh only 5 days to go
weddinggr.gif

my scan is on July 24th. Only half of my belly button has popped out lol it's weird! you can see it through my T-shirt, but only a small dot. Got my appointment with MW today. for blood test i think

Mine hasn't gone yet!!! I've still got an inny!!!

Got an inny to but the rate junior is kicking, I'd be lucky to keep my whole stomach within a month :shock:

frangelle said:
laetitia85 said:
frangelle said:

Ooooh only 5 days to go
weddinggr.gif

Mine hasn't gone yet!!! I've still got an inny!!!

My belly button has always had a weird shape anyway. OH just bought me my first pair of maternity jeans! ya! (eeeerm... he says that's his wedding girt for me :? )
IMGP2007.jpg

look, on this one you can see my belly button sticking out just a tiny bit. Ist it me or my belly looks a bit hairy on this picture :rotfl:
IMGP2008.jpg

Hi Babes,

I have never noticed my bellybutton doing that yet. I will have a look later.

Where did you get your maternity jeans from. I am having trouble keeping mine up. xx

I bought a pair of maternity jeans when I was about 4 months and now I can't really wear them because they are getting to tight around the bottom of my bump and I found out a few weeks ago that they are early term jeans for when your bump starts growing so erm I paid 30 squid for a pair of jeans that only fit for a very short time so be careful what ones you buy.
I find the best ones to get are the ones with the elastic on the side.

NIE said:
Hi Babes,

I have never noticed my bellybutton doing that yet. I will have a look later.

Where did you get your maternity jeans from. I am having trouble keeping mine up. xx

NIE I've just noticed your gender scan is 2 weeks before mine, and you're only due 3 days before me, that's not fair!! :shakehead: :shakehead: !!!! did you book a private one or is it the NHS?!!!!!

I just noticed my belly button was moving a few weeks ago. I was so nervous I almost thought something was wrong. thank you for your post I am so excited about my little one. :D

I have felt the flutters since about 13 - 14 weeks and then when I was on holiday in Spain I was about 19 weeks and was lying on the sun lounger and my OH said your belly is moving and was looking rather shocked lol but I said its the wee baby wiggling about lol so yeah it might be swimming about in there xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back