OMG It's A Baby (and the parents are dready hippies)

purplehippy

Reaction score
The subject says it all :dance:

I'm known as Dj, am 28, I have one manic but fun 3 1/2 year old girl, my blokey has a 9-on-monday boy, and this will be our child to bind our family :)

This is my fourth pregnancy, my body doesn't seem to like being pregnant, and I've had two ops previously due to late miscarriage and complications.

So far, this pregnancy had me lose a lot of weight in the first trimester due to sickness, and I bled heavily throughout most of it too - which was traumatic.

We won't be having any more, just this one, and we are very much looking forward to 'Daisney' arriving next year. He or she will be a Daisy or a Sid, hence Daisney (that's my bloke's name for it).

Today, we are 15w 2d along :dance:

Welcome to the forum hun! I look forward to seeing you in the Tri 2 section.

Hope you have a Happy and Healthy pregnancy! xx

Congratulations! Sorry to hear about your previous losses x fingers crossed all goes well this time x

Cheers guys :)

Now I've bookmarked this forum, I can go have a lay down... Or a bowl of cereals... Hmm, Nesquik or pillows...

Nesquick pillows! Mmmmmhhhh lol!

Heya Dj :flower:

Nice to have ya here!
Sorry to hear about your previous losses, but congratulations on this [super sticky!] pregnancy :D

P.S
Are your dreads your own or synthetics??
And waheyyy! You're a herper too! :D x

Last edited:
Hellooo! and in reply to Heulyn (I hope I remembered the spelling right), they are real - I also have a few sewn in that belonged to my bloke and my friend. Mine aren't very long and real dreads stick together all the time so as I'm ill at the moment and everything hurts more, I've not been ripping them after washing, so if I don't soon I'm going to start looking like the crazy cat lady from the simpsons, crossed with Sideshow Bob...

Herps are great - bearded dragons eat crickets which I can't deal with the smell of when pregnant, so they went in place of my cornsnakes when I was last pregnant. I whittled my snake collection down to one and she went and bloody died on me a month ago. So now I have two 1ish year old marginated tortoises (with paperwork, nobody panic). And we have two funny cats. As well as our funny kids!

Very poorly at the mo, off to seek help!

Hellooo! and in reply to Heulyn (I hope I remembered the spelling right), they are real - I also have a few sewn in that belonged to my bloke and my friend. Mine aren't very long and real dreads stick together all the time so as I'm ill at the moment and everything hurts more, I've not been ripping them after washing, so if I don't soon I'm going to start looking like the crazy cat lady from the simpsons, crossed with Sideshow Bob...

Herps are great - bearded dragons eat crickets which I can't deal with the smell of when pregnant, so they went in place of my cornsnakes when I was last pregnant. I whittled my snake collection down to one and she went and bloody died on me a month ago. So now I have two 1ish year old marginated tortoises (with paperwork, nobody panic). And we have two funny cats. As well as our funny kids!

Very poorly at the mo, off to seek help!

Dreads are rather difficult to look after really, aren't they!
I have synthetics that just tie or clip in, simpler than the real thing - plus I had my hair undercut, and had to wait for it to grow out, and was far too impatient!

Me and the other half used to breed bearded dragons, had 103 of them at one point, and our house was like a reptile zoo full of snakes, chameleons, dragons and all sorts!
We've whittled it down now to a dragon, a tegu and a cat... quite enough or now!

Hope you feel better soon! Is it just sickness you're getting? and has your bleeding stopped?

It depends on what you want to do with them - a friend has those perfect round dreads, and she has to maintain them for hours. Both my bloke and I like the rawness of having different sizes and shapes. Mine have kinks and such, he has ones that used to be two, and we both have the odd bit of thread in there and beads - well, I've two beads and a tiny bit of thread to hold in the not-my-own-dreads, and he has tons of stuff... I found synthetic and boxbraided ones harder. I had an undercut more often than not, years ago, but I hate my hair being cut off now. I last cut it on jan 3rd this year, cut my old dreads off and started again. Wish I hadn't!

I'm going to share some photos of stuff although I can't see a spoiler code for hiding things, so look out for the writing inbetween photos.

This is our baby at 12 weeks:

IMG00118-20101117-1426.jpg

This is Kaya (left) and Joe (right) this summer:

(not the most flattering pic but my digicam is broken)

DSCF0346.jpg

Martin from behind:

020520101775.jpg

Us, many months ago before my hair went a more uniform light purplish blue... Is it obvious we'd both been drinking, ahem... :

DSCF0553.jpg

All the other pics get uploaded straight to facebook or are taken by friends who upload them to facebook - so I don't have any better or recent ones but I guess the important thing is, the baby at the top! The tortoise pics are also on facebook...... :oooo:

Oh yes and the bleeding stopped at 3 months, and my current sickness is poorliness from germs. ******* germs!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back