OMG Child benefit!! **updated**

Did you see the news last night? It 25 million peoples details not 15 million. Its basically EVERYONE who claims child benefit!!!!

What can you do? If someone has your details they can open accounts anywhere. I am defo going to get my CHB paid by giro check if I can and thought about cancelling my bank account and opening a new one but its not really going to help I don't think.

:shock:

Great!! Hubby and I just had £5k lifted from our account two weeks ago and we've only just got it back. FFS, how incompetent. I heard the disks were sent in the mail and were not even put as recorded delivery :roll:

what a shitter well im sure the banks are made aware and are being extra vigilent, remember they only have your sort code and acc number not card number...this happened at my work not long before i left, one of the computers with ALL the paye details of leapfrog employees from 04-05 me being one of them was stolen! hate the fact someone has my name and address at such easy access but tbh anyones address can be found easily these days....if they are going to target anyone it will be known people with lots of money since everyone with children gets cbenefit.

Also I got mine yesterday instead of next week too :S

Banks make it too easy to steal money and open new accounts, we got a £3,000 loan over the internet and transfered it to another account. They didnt know it was us, all we needed to do was logon to internet banking!! You should have to sign a thing that says you dont want a loan or new account made unless its in person and with proper ID :wall:

its disgusting not only that they could get passports in our names get out loans credit cards everything in our names they have all the details they need its disgusting !!

Lets hope they find the discs. Thats if they havent fallen into the wrong hands already.

The benefit you get is such a pathetic amount anyway I wish I'd never bloody signed up for it in the first place :x

I wish we could take legal action about this TBH, they have an obligation to protect our information, if they aren't taking care of it properly I wanna sue their ass, not cos I am out of pocket (yet) but because my information is MINE and should be a secret.

thats exactly how i feel, my account is ok cus only my child benefit goes into it nothing else but it doesnt mean the person who gets their hands on it has to be a fraudster!! that disc also contains all our childrens names and dates of birth and addresses that is more scary!! i hope they find it!!

xxxxx

The irony of it is if you want to complain you have to give them a shit load of details again on their website to make the bloody complaint!

:x I got Isaac's yearly statement though today aswell. Coincidence?

trixipaws said:
i got mine a week early too

on the site someone posted it says

Is it safer to go back to getting Child Benefit by Cashcheque (Giro)?

As we have no evidence to suggest the data is in the possession of anyone else, we strongly recommend that you should continue to get paid into their Bank or Building Society because

* it is more secure
* payments are received more quickly (usually 3 to 5 days earlier)
* you do not have to go to the Post Office to collect your money. the underline bit :p

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/childbenefit/update-faqs.htm

damn it im affected gonna ask a couple Q's in the bank tomorrow well to see someone :)

Urchin said:
I wish we could take legal action about this TBH, they have an obligation to protect our information, if they aren't taking care of it properly I wanna sue their ass, not cos I am out of pocket (yet) but because my information is MINE and should be a secret.

Totally agree. We trust these people to keep our details secure and then some numpty sends a couple of discs holding all that info through the normal post????

I dont get CB but Im still angry about this :x

Hoping that the info is just lost and never gets into the wrong hands :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back