older mums.....

it really is nice to have so many mums in there 30's and 40's here, i really did think i was on my own :D

I'm 37 - a few weeks ago I felt 27 now I feel 47 :rotfl:

what special privellages do we older ones get then? Do we get more scans etc?

just giving this a bump, as the docotr did mention what usually happens is you dont meet a midwife till 10 weeks, so I guess we don't qualify for earlier scans then?

Hi, Im Nancy. Congratulations to all of you! I'm just turned 39 and 5 1/2 weeks pregnant with my first. Very worried due to my older age and loads of scary websites with depressing stats and info, so it's a real comfort that I'm not alone.
I have now waited a week for the midwife to ring me, as I have not seen anyone yet. Should they have booked me an appointment quickly due to my age, or is this normal?
Why do some people have to pay to go private for the nuchal test?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated x

Hi girls, this is fantastic, I had no idea there were so many labeled as older mums on here- huge congratulations to you all on your pregnancys - such an exciting time

I am 37 and this is my last baby, I have two boys aged 11 and 9, and girl aged 8, I had a missed misscaridge in March this year and now near 22 weeks pregnant with my last baby - a little boy!

Looks like we are all going for the Nuchal scans then or more testing etc, I got a 1 in 9 result with my Nuchal /combined test - based on blood markers and I think it was from my miscarridge before, as only had 4 weeks gap in pregnancys, but had the CVS test done at 14 weeks and all was ok, so pleased.

Good luck with your testing- Nancy - some hospitals will offer the Nuchal test on the nhs, but some don't offer it, and you have to go private, your midwife should be able to advise when you see her, normall towards 10 weeks pregnant ish, call the docs and ask for details

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back