Old & New Clothes.

NIE

Reaction score
Hi there, :wave:

I have just spent the last 2 hours sorting out my wardrobe. Everything that doesn't fit now is going to a charity shop on Monday, and I plan to go shopping for maternity clothes next week.

I know that I should slim back down after baby arrives, but do all you mums - to - be not feel like you deserve a new wardrobe now and after the birth?

My OH seems to think that the money would be better spent else where. :wall: What a cheek, he wastes good money everyday by smoking. I only want to look and feel good after feeling fat and ugly for so long.

Do you think I am being unreasonable and selfish? xxx

Nope not at all I would love to have a new wardrobe but I just cant afford it.

My mother in law said she is going to get me a load of voutures to buy new cloths after the baby is born as my xmas present. but we really cany afford it right now.

i think its up to you to be honest.

we havent got the money either, so i havent brought many maternity clothes.

if you have the money to do so, why not

dont throw EVERYTHING out that dosnt fit as you may wanna wear some of them for a week or two after the birth. My tummy hasnt gone down yet and at the mo I cant wear any of my previous skirts/jeans except some real floaty summery type things that have elasticated waists and I am not going shopping til I can get into my old stuff and I know it will fit me! I'm still wearing some of my maternity tops as well as then sort of hide the tummy. just a thought anyway!

:cheer: Good for you...... I would love a whole load of new clothes too.... and i will get some.... I agree we deserve it...but we also need that boost after birth..... helps motivate us too :dance: Yes Go for it!!! and besides, someone else will benefit from the clothes you give to the shop too... so your doing them a favor too :rotfl: Yip!! got my reasons worked out!!! :rotfl: Lv Yvonne xx

Oh BTW H&M do maternity too now..... well i didn't know that.. :roll: :D :hug:

Nope I think that's very reasonable.

Abit of retail therapy as we all know how stressful new babies can be!!! :)

xxx

I was in the middle of my pregnancy through the summer and near the end in the winter so I needed maternity clothes suitable for all weathers. I bought a black pair and a beige pair of linen trousers, a pair of beige three quater length trousers, a pair of jeans, quite a few vest tops and a couple of dressy tops. I bought most of my stuff in Dorothy Perkins but I got my jeans from Additions Direct. I must say that after the birth I still had quite a fat wobbly belly for a good couple of months so I continued to wear my maternity clothes for a while and now that Jake is over six months old I am back to my normal size and so I am going to buy some new clothes and then hen hopefully I lose more weight I will have to buy some more. Even if you get back to your normal size it is quite likely that your body shape will change and that you will want new clothes anyway so treat yourself but maybe keep a few bits of your stuff that is too big for the first few weeks (or months) after the birth .

I've done EXACTLY the same!! I've kept a few key pieces of course as I'm sure will need my maternity trousers after the birth for a while, then some of my bigger clothes etc once the maternity ones become too loose etc but bags went to the charity store....DH has promised new everything from bra's and knickers to jeans, tops, dresses and coats so I'm with you on that one, new start in life, new wardrobe!! Can't wait!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back