okey dokey. when cant I do it?

Applecider

Reaction score
Hey all :) as u well know im being a right pain in the arse and asking too many questions and seirously FAILING at using my monitor and understanding it!!

Ok so I got high fertility on cycle day 13 and have developed to Peak today. CD16. So oviosuly my surge is now.... so when is it safe (ish) to have some love??

Its hard to figure it out!! I felt safe until CD11 and havent done it since.:oooo: EEk. :whistle:

What u lot think :)

xx

I don't know if this is at all helpful to you apple but I came off the pill in September because I knew I'd want a baby in the next year or so (although at that point we hadn't decided when).

We'd planned to monitor fertility and just do it on 'safe' days and use withdrawal as we have never used condoms with each other (I know, irresponsible, but we were only teenagers when we got together).

But when coming off the pill my cycles were so long (like 9 weeks) that I got so confused and stressed about when to have sex that we just started using condoms and while its a bit of a pain we soon got used to it and its fine. My body has only really re-adjusted properley in the last couple of months so could probably monitor fertility better now but think I'll stick to condoms till we TTC. For me I just wanna have :bd: when the mood takes me not to a calender (probably end up doing that enough when ttc) but obviously do what feels best for you.

Thats very true! Im just a bit worried with condoms as they have damaging spermicide on them do they not?! I dunno u read so many things im just unsure about what to do. I havent really thought this through have I?! I wanted to start trying in May but maybe I should go with the flow like u say.?

I have actually bought a fertility monitor have u seen them? U pee on sticks and they tell u ur status LOW HIGH AND PEAK

when will u be trying?

Yeah I know what you mean. The more I read, the less I feel like I know because you get so much advice and info and sometimes it all says different things. I've bought ones that don't have spermacide on them (or at least they don't say they do but who knows) and I kinda figured that spermacide couldn't stay in your body for months could it??

I'm going to start trying in May too (or thats the plan seems to be getting very close and need to get myself on pre-natal vits and ideally lose a few pounds and wean myself off diet coke first).

Sorry didn't answer your other question. I have seen fertility monitors but didn't buy one in the end. I was going to just mainly to see what was going on with my body but I was a bit worried that I might end up becoming a bit obsessed. Also thought if OH comes into bathroom and sees me peeing on a stick he might panic (would assume it was a pregnancy test, I dont think he knows anything about fertility monitors).

That's very true and ur right I am slightly obsessed but it's helped me figure other things out on my body too so that's good! Pains etc!! After I done this 3 months and it seems to be the same I will leave it alone! And yes my boyfriend thinks exactly the same he comes in sees the sticks and walks out but I've explained it more natural than the pill! He slightly gets it!! He's being forced to take supplements too poor guy! May is good time we can buddy up!! Exciting stuff tho xx

Yeah I've told hubby that he has to take vits with me as well! I was thinking Pregnacare him and hers. I've even made appointment for us both to go to GP for pre-conception checks on tue next week. He is really not keen on that but he's coming bless him. Not sure if there is any point or what GP will say but OH takes medication and has had some medical issues so I just wanna make sure that we don't need to change anything before TTC. I think I'm pretty healthy but you never know if it all works till you test it I guess (so I totally understand you wanting to check fertility monitors and stuff). I'm glad I'll have a buddy (or a few) on here cos I'm not going to tell anyone in real life.

I'm totally there with u because I'm not telling anyone at the moment!!! They haven't got a clue and I'd like it to stay like that aswell!! I made my fella go docs but he would not go. Ahhh men least he taking the vits! He did go to sexual health clinic once for me can't ask much mire! I'm reading a book on before u try the bit about inflammation because of stress interested me so I'm chilling out on the stress dept so I'm a chilled out mum :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back