• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

OK to eat ice-cream??

X5OT

Reaction score
Was sitting down having a little bit of my fav last night - Haagen Daz Pralines & Cream - when after a few (tea)spoonfuls I was reading the ingredients and one was 'egg yolk'. I stopped eating it straight away and am now slightly worried as I thought uncooked eggs were a big no no.

Anyone got any thoughts / comments?

You can eat shop bought ice cream but not freshly made ice cream.

Flame said:
You can eat shop bought ice cream but not freshly made ice cream.

Ah, excellent! Got a bit worried when it said 'egg yolk' ...

Couldn't cope without it - great for heartburn!

yeah you can eat shop bought but not homemade which include the mr whippy sort so im afraid that means no mcflurry's or mcdonalds milkshakes! HTH xxxxxx

kimheath said:
yeah you can eat shop bought but not homemade which include the mr whippy sort so im afraid that means no mcflurry's or mcdonalds milkshakes! HTH xxxxxx

ooops :shock:

I only had 1 mr whippy, it was so nice though....................

It's something to do with eggs, pasturised egg products (as in store bought ice cream) is fine....homemade/whippy types contain egg products that are not pasturised. Similar story with things like mayonnaise, store bought is fine, homemade isn't. It's the whole egg thing!!

I didn't know about the ice cream thing and am now crapping myself :(

I didn't know either, but when the MW told me, she said it was fine as long as it hadn't made me ill. Its to do with food poisoning I think, the risk with eggs is salmonella, but if you haven't been ill, then you should be ok.

Yeah don't worry MB - eating things with homemade mayo, ice cream etc always carries a slight risk because it contains egg that may not be cooked properly it's just that it's escalated when you're pregnant as you probably pick up things easier. If it was going to do you any harm it would have already x

yup u cant eat deli products neither for the record :)

enn said:
yup u cant eat deli products neither for the record :)

What do you mean by 'deli' products? We sometimes buy quiche from the 'deli' counter in Tesco rather than the pre-packed boxed stuff which tastes yuck. Is this the sort of thing you mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back