ok, silly question but will put DH mind at rest

Moofa

Reaction score
Hi

I have a stinking cold, 2nd one in 2 weeks, and have a really bad cough.

DH is scared that it hurts the baby but there isn't a lot I can do, I've tried cough medicine, recommended by the chemist, and parcatemol.

So will LO be ok, or will it start to get really distressed in my tummy from my coughing and bouncing around?

Mx

LO is usually very safe from most things that happen. They are cushioned and comfortable. So, bubs should still be happy as anything.

Does the baby keep moving when you cough? If it doesn't move everytime you cough, I don't think you will be causing much distress and disturbance.

Hope your cough gets better soon :hug:

LO doesn't seem to be bothered at all, just DH.

It has got to the point where I am so bunged up that I'm having bleeding from both nostrils when I blow, and coughing so much at night that I am sleeping in the spare room :wall:

Reluctantly tried paracetmol yesterday and it really helped :cheer:

LO will be fine in there :) Well protected. Think about it, you move around all the time, walking, bending and so on and its all designed for LO to be safe and sound.

Your blood vessels in your nose are weaker in pregnancy which would probably explain the bleeding when you blow.

I'd have thought LO would like it. In the outside world things like going in the car or pushchair will send LO to sleep because they like movement. We have stairs to our front door so it was several weeks before Gabrielle saw outside as she'd fall asleep on the way down the stairs in her pushchair :rotfl:

i caught a cold at 18 weeks and wound up coughing for about 4 weeks. DH was concerned so made me talk to a midwife at the baby show, she said no baby will be fine it may even be pretty much unaware i was coughing.

It did bring on heartburn though.

Sandi

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back