OK I'm trying to be super organised....

jodied

Reaction score
Hi all,

Since I am nearing the end of tri 2 and starting to realise how close everything is getting I wanted to write a full list of everything I need so I can start ticking things off. At the moment I have got a cot, a moses basket, a buggy, feeding chair and baby bouncer in terms of big things. I have various nappies/wipes/toiletries and some clothes in NB, 0-3 and 3-6.

My lists so far are pasted below (sorry for really long post!) so my questions are - am I missing anything? Or is there anything on the lists that I don't need and I'm being a silly over the top first time mum!!!!! Thanks everyone in advance...... xx :) xx

BABY PURCHASES

One-offs
· Moses basket and stand
· Cot
· Mattress for cot
· Bedding/bumper for cot
· Cot mobile/toys
· Baby monitors
· Baby bouncer/rocking chair
· Chest of drawers
· Changing mat
· Changing bag
· Room and bath thermometer
· Top/Tail Bowl
· Bath support/Baby bath (?)
· Baby grooming kit inc nail clippers/scissors
· Room and bath thermometer
· Thick curtains/black out blind
· Buggy with rain cover and car seat adaptor
· Car seat and base
· Sling
· Feeding chair
· Feeding pillow (?)
· Breast pump
· Bottles
· Sterilising method
· Nappy disposal bin (?)
· Travel cot

Clothing etc
· Vests
· Sleepsuits/babygrows
· Sleeping bag
· Blankets
· Muslin squares
· Hats
· Gloves/mittens
· Socks/slippers
· Hooded towel

Consumables
· Breast pads
· Nipple cream
· Baby toiletries
· Cotton wool balls
· Nappies
· Baby wipes
· Bepanthen Nappy Cream

HOSPITAL BAG CONTENTS

Hospital Bag for Me
· Hospital notes inc birth plan
· Towel (dark coloured)
· Nightie for labour/PJs for after
· Clothes for coming home
· Socks
· Underwear (lots of cheap cotton knickers or disposable ones and nursing bras)
· Maternity Pads
· Nipple cream
· Phone charger
· Magazines
· Book (and clip on light)
· Snacks/sweets/bottled water/energy drinks
· Dressing gown
· Toiletries inc nail file/toothbrush/toothpaste/lip balm
· Makeup
· Hairbrush and hairbands
· Handheld fan
· Magicool spray
· Camera and charger
· Video camera and charger
· Flip flops
· Change/coins
· Carrier bags for washing

Hospital Bag for Baby
· Nappies
· Wipes/Cotton wool balls
· 3-5 vests
· 3-5 sleepsuits
· Bibs
· Going home outfit
· Socks/Slippers
· Hat
· Blanket
· Muslin squares
· Baby towel

Car seat in Car

Last edited:
Thanks midnight will add them in xx

muslim squares for milk leaks and also if you wind them over your shoulder

Really makes you think doesn't it when you make a list of all the things you need x

I know it is a super long list but I think it is all pretty much essential! Makes me feel better at least knowing what I need to get though, even if I don't have it all yet. Then I can start getting one/two of the smaller bits each week and before you know it should have it all cracked. Just need to keep an eye on prices for the bigger purchases too and get them gradually x

Just thought of something I already have to add to the list - travel cot x

Oooh, I may steal your list, lol! Ive meaning to sit down and go through the mothercare catelogue, and write down everything I need - and like you, can then get bits and bobs, and can tick them off as we go!

What about changing bag? or do you have one with your pram? And all the bits and bobs that go inside.
xx

i dont know if you saw but i put on an essentials list the other day. not sure if anything to different to yours. haven't broken it down though so might pinch yours for an idea of hospital bag etc. xx

great list...I'm waiting until my 20 weeks scan then I will start getting things very slowly,don't forget your friends and family will want to get you presents so no need to buy too much too soon .. what about a baby bath ?

sorry ,it was already on your list.. !

Breast pads are a definite as you leak breast milk at first & don't want huge wet circles on your top as it's very embarrassing! We bought a cot bumper but never used it & a lot of people advised against them because of suffocation risks. Bought a nappy bin & again never used it as I found the cartridges expensive & as it was in Joseph's room & most of the nappy changes were done downstairs during the day, I tended to put them straight into the outside bin.
Remember fitted sheets for the Moses basket. We also found a fantastic gadget for the bath - rather than using a baby bath we bought a large bath sponge from Mothercare that you lay baby on so you have 2 hands free to wash them & stops them from slipping around in the bath (around £10 & well worth it).
Also Bepanthen nappy cream - totally fragrance free & great for newborn bums to use at nappy change time. Acts as a great barrier cream to stop soreness & we swore by it when Joseph had very dodgy teething nappies. I tried Sudocrem & preferred Bepanthen much much more & it lasts ages.

Hope I'm not bombarding you & that it helps.

Sunnyb xxx

lea554 - I have a changing bag which was the free one from Boots when you joined their club so think I'm gonna use that one.

nmf1987 - oooh I'll see if I can find yours to double check everything

LittleRose - sorry :)

wookie - yes some of the bits I already have are gifts so definitely take the help when you are offered it!

Fab ideas Sunnyb thanks!

I will have to update them properly tomorrow as I'm really tired tonight now (just got in from swimming and dinner with my ma and pa).

Thick curtains or a black out blind when in own room? You might get a bit more sleep that way :)

Shit man!! We're a couple days apart and I have 3 things off ur list and non of them are Big items!! Looks like the bottom drawer lined with cotton wool balls for a bed for Jaiden!

Good idea Jodie! I think I have half organised. Still another half to go.
X

Bepanthen is better than sudacrem it works much fast and is way easier to put on too

instead of loads of knickers just buy disposable knickers as they can just be thrown away instead of taking loads of knickers home to wash x you wont win any sexiest knickers awards though lol

Last edited:
Bepanthen is better than sudacrem it works much fast and is way easier to put on too

instead of loads of knickers just buy disposable knickers as they can just be thrown away instead of taking loads of knickers home to wash x you wont win any sexiest knickers awards though lol

Glad there's someone else out there that's discovered Bepanthen! Loads of people I know still use Sudocrem. If Joseph was teething & we'd not used Bepanthen his bum used to get so sore & if we applied Bepanthen to his sore bum, the following day you could see such a huge improvement (no redness). Worth every penny in my opinion & once you've tried it you'll never go back to using anything else.

Sunnyb xxx

i hate sudacrem it gets under your nails and refuses to move lol plus it leaves a greasy feeling for ages
bepanthen is the way to go lol i was really suprised at how quick it clears nappy rash

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back