• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ohhh ouchie

Ocean Star

Reaction score
This morning at about 10.30 I got really , and I mean really, bad cramps. It felt like period pain but worse and did't ease. At 11.15 we set off for the hospital and I was seen at about 1.30. Was examined by a gyn doctor (prodded my tummy). He said he was not really concearned. Prescribed codine which has eased the pain and asked me to come back for a scan tomorrow.

What is going on??? I am worried :(

There has been no blood. I feel really sick and tired but thats not so unusual for this stage in pregnancy.

It could just be your body stretching and growing hun. I've been getting af type cramps and a few twinges but they're perfectly normal, although they do tend to freak you out!!

Did he take any bloods to check your levels? I hope all goes well with your scan tomorrow :hug:

I have had cramping and little twinges before but these were really bad, I was doubled over with pain. No they didn't take bloods, just urine sample, temp and blood pressure. I'm just worried I guess.

I'm surprised they didn't take a blood sample, maybe they'll do that tomorrow at the scan. How many weeks are you?

I can understand your worry, I freak out every time I go to the loo and it's hard not to be concerned when something like that happens. Try to stay positive though, if the consultant wasn't worried then that's a good thing.

:hug:

Yes I was encouraged when we were there, but now i'm home i'm worrying :? Should have said I am 9 weeks 2 days. Thanks for your input HannahD.

Keeping it all x'd that all will be well tomorrow :pray:

Let us know how you get on sweetie xx :hug:

We went to the hospital today at 12 and got a scan and everything's fine :dance:

I kind of feel a bit silly now and actually burst into tears in front of the doctor because I felt like i had overreacted but I'd never had pain that bad before and I was just so scarred. The doctor was so nice. We are very lucky to live in Liverpool where the Liverpool Women's Hospital is dedicated to all women's health and consiquently has a massive maternity unit. The people there are lovely and the doctor made me feel much better saying that I shouldn't feel silly and that it was far better to come in rather than sit and worry at home.

Because it was quite close to my booking in appointment (next Friday) they took measurements and printed out the scan so I now have a little picture of Bubs and one to send over to OH which he is very pleased about. They said that everything was as it should be and that it measured at 9 weeks and 3 days which is exactly on course.

I am very relieved. Thanks for your replies guys xxx

that's really good it was all clear! you can relax a bit more now!

take care x

Oh that's excellent news :D So glad everything's ok.

I am getting lots of cramps and twinges at the moment. Nothing so bad I've headed to hospital but they do worry me occasionally as they are just so AF like sometimes! (I am 9w5d today)

Glad little bean is doing well in there :D

That's fantastic news, I'm so pleased for you. :hug: I bet that was such a huge relief to see all was well.

Hope you'll post your pics of the little one.

:hug: Great news

It's probably just everything stretching to make room for bump xx

HannahD said:
Hope you'll post your pics of the little one.

Hum, that would depend on me being a bit computer litterate :lol:

We got the scan printouts but I guess I'd have to scan them into the computer and we don't have to technology to do that. Oh well :wink:

you could take a photo of the scan then upload as you normally would... *hint hint*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back