Oh no how did I let this happen - Feel so guilty

Charlie:-)

Reaction score
Maia rolled off our changing station straight onto her back on the floor, She screamed and screamed and eventually I calmed her down and she took a feed and fll asleep.

We took her to A&E to be on the safe side and everything ok.

I feel so guilty :cry:

I was just getting some more nappies and wipes out of her wardrobe cause there was none out and its right next to where i was changing her when I heard her land on the floor. She must have been stretching to see what I was doing and rolled off. Its only the 4th time she has rolled over in 7 weeks since she first learnt how to do it. Im really sorry, how could I let this happen, how irresponsible of me. I wish I could turn back time, only last week I was saying that she's getting too big for the station and its about time she was moved to the floor and only this morning I thought about moving her mat again to the floor cause she always kicks the box of wipes but instead I just moved the box, I should have moved the changing mat. Its on the floor now and thank God she is ok. I feel so guilty.

I know how you feel, Finlay rolled off the bed a few weeks back and we got such a fright

They all do it - doesn't matter what you do to avoid it :(

Glad she is ok :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Angel rolled off the bed a few weeks ago! I cried while she laughed! They're not as fragile as you think!

Aw hun it happens to the best of us Hayden rolled off my sofa, off my bed, and all sorts!! its one of those things..they roll over so bloody quick! you took her to A&E and she is fine..do not beat yourself up about it, i now it makes you feel terrible but accidents like this are inevitable from time to time as hard as we try we can't avoid accidents like this! Please don't feel bad i bet the makority of girls on here have a had at least one rolling incident! Babies are tough little things and more durable than we imagine!! lol..hope your ok i know its a shock but shes fine and thats the most important thing..have some hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

the EXACT thing happened to me with Dylan about 4 weeks ago. I felt guilty for ages. There wasnt a mark on him (thank god :pray: ) but we took him to A&E to be on the safe side.

Dont worry though... it's not your fault. You've done exactly what i did and that's to start changing him on the floor now!

Oliver fell off his changing mat at the same age, I also knew he could roll over although he'd never done it on his mat before, and I'd been meaning to move it onto the floor - I just turned around to get something and there was a massive thump and a lot of screaming as he landed face first. It happens to most mums at some point, and they're a lot tougher than they look - it's only natural to feel guilty but please don't beat yourself up about it :hug:

:hug: Double hugs from me I posed in health subsection of parenting that my LO rolled off th esofa yesterday and I had to go to a&E it took me until this afternoon to stop crying about it 24 hours after it had happened!

Thank you everybody, she is totally 100% her chirpy little self but I cant stop thinking about it I keep seeing her in my head lying on the floor and it makes me really upset that I let this happen.

I know I shouldn't beat myself up about it but I would never forgive myself if anything would have happened to her.

Anyhow I'm going to try and stop thinking about it, whats happened has happened and I need to forget about it, today is a new day.

Dont worry hun Kyran did exactly the same thing when he was about 5months old. It scared me to death i was actually sick. I felt so guilty as he'd never rolled on there before so i went to get something and the next thing i saw was him fall to his back with a terrible thud. he just lay there for about 4secs before he screamed but god it felt like a life time. He went so white and it took me about half an hour to calm him down, he was screaming hysterically. I would of taken him to A & E but luckily he started kicking about and rolling around after 45mins as if nothing had happened so i knew he was ok. Still wouldnt leave his side that night and hardly slept at all. I still feel terribly guilty now but i just try and think of it as a learning curve and i now no to NEVER leave him on there!

Dont feel bad we all make mistakes :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Don't feel guilty. Ryan fell off my bed when he was 7 weeks old and had a huge bump on his head, dont think ive ever cried so much in my whole life that night!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back