OH has no I.D grrr!!!

deedee84

Reaction score
Dunno if anyone will be able to point me in the right direction, but what it is is, my OH has been having his wages paid into my account for ages now, since moving to our new address 5 weeks ago we have been waiting on the tax creds to sort our money out, yesterday we finally got 3 payments paid in but upon receiving the award notice today i've noticed those payments were for me for child tax credits and it also showed his working tax credits should have been paid in on the same day, rung tax creds, they have sent the payment and advised me to contact my bank, rung my bank...they have stuck the payments in a suspense account and will be sending them back to tax creds because its in OH's name so they cant accept them! Problem i am having is that i cannot make my account a joint account as OH doesnt have a passport or driving licence, i think even if he gets the amounts paid to him via a giro or something he still wont be able to cash it as again, no photo I.D just dont know what to do or whether any banks will allow him to open an account without actual photo I.D etc, so annoying knowing we have nearly £500 sat waiting and we cant bloody spend it!!!!!

Any help etc would be muchas appreciated!

xx

Last edited:
Hey hun

I get other halfs working tax credit paid to my account.

You can select that as an option

Maybe once The money goes bk to tax credits , request it goes bk to your right account and be paid to you thereafter xxxx

Apologies for any typos!

I also have OHS working tax credits paid into my account x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Well i've rung OH and told him to ring tax creds when he gets home, explain the situation and ask if they can send the working tax creds to my account but in my name instead of referencing his name with the payment! Bloody nightmare, his wages have been paid in there perfectly fine so dunno why they are been arsey with these payments!

Thanks for your replies ladies

xx

If its a joint claim (which I'm presuming it is) then all payments should be in joint name so can be paid into either persons account x

Yeah it is a joint claim, i rung tax creds and explained all, shes gonna send the payment again with the bank reference number that they forgot to use this time (i think thats why payment didnt go in and because i rung to chase it up thats when its flagged his name up on the payment) and hopefully fingers crossed it goes in without a hitch, if not and the bank are still been funny we're gonna have to think of an alternative method of payment for him grrr!!! Stupid banks! xx

I get OHs tax credits paid into my account, we have a joint claim.

He shouldn't need speak to them, I just phoned and requested it x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

on the no photo I.D part, as long as he's got his birth certificate and his national insurance card he can get a provisional driving license, or a citizens card. my OH didn't have his birth certificate as it's in storage so sent off for another online, and FINALLY got himself some photo I.D!!! hope you get it sorted x

i know for a fact you can get it paid into a post office account and he doesnt need id for open to be opened only proof of address and a unlity bill x x x

ahh thnx for that tabbi, if it doesnt go in on the 2nd attempt i think we will open one of those then :) xx

its ok hun i know a few people who do it that way x x x

Some banks like the nationwide allows you to open an account online! No id needed! They just send you the forms and you sign them and send them back! Xxx

yeah i've just done that with the nat west :) luckily though i checked the bank yesterday as thats the day the tax creds get paid in and both mine and his have been paid in so hopefully the back pay should go through when hmrc send it again, fingers crossed lol xx

Glad you got it sorted x

Apologies for any typos!

glad you got it sorted hunni, hopefully things will run better x x x

Thanks hun and yes hopefully...i hate change or when things arent going as they should be i just fret the whole time so i'm glad its sorted :) xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back