• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oh dear...

Tadpole

Reaction score
Pregnancy brain strikes again...

I thought I would make some cheese on toast before settling down to watch Doctor Who.

While I waited for it I popped to the loo, then remembered that a book I had been looking for was in one of the, (many), carrier bags I have to sort out. (From clearing out the small room for nursery).

15 minutes later the smoke alarm went off! :shock: I have the attention span of a GNAT at the moment. I will be speaking to someone and halfway through the conversation will forget what we are talking about. Or get halfway through a sentence and just totally forget the word for something. I forgot the word 'bedroom' the other day. I seem to spend a lot of time staring at things blankly with a vague nagging feeling that I should be doing something.

And apparently this gets worse. Oh dear.

lol i'm the same!! i'll leave the house and be half way down the road and think have i locked the front door :think: go back home and its locked :wall: honestly i dont know what my brain is doing sometimes lol :doh:

Aww bless you! :hug: LOL sorry but that's something I'd do!!

I keep forgetting what I'm saying and have to ask where I got up to! I'm also finding that I nip upstairs to the loo and I'll think "oh while I'm up there I'll grab my handbag" come back down and forget the handbag!! Crazy...

xx

hehe! i know how you feel im forever leaving my phone everywhere and thats really not like me, im so meticulus (spelling?) with everything!

Im like that but always been a bit seive like, a week out from uni and suddenly i dont know any words longer than 5 letters :wall:
So god help me when i get to 23 weeks odd :think:

Heh, I almost left my bag in the scan room at the hospital and then I left my coat round my Mum and Dads the other day :wall: Everyone I know with kids says it gets worse after our LOs are born :shock:

Oh - I forgot to say - I put someone on hold the other day to transfer them but the person I wanted wasn't available. I got asked something else by the chap taking his messages...and forgot I had someone on hold... for about 5 minutes!!![/
I :rotfl: at myself but it's a good job we have a freephone number. :oops:

ive so far tried to put our plastic bottomed kettle on the gas hob... put clean dishes in the fridge, left numerous people holding on the phone, left loads of stuff at work & forgotten many times what ive been talking about or trying to find after being distracted :lol: my friend said she made a builder a cup of tea & then put ice cubes in it & couldnt figure out what was wrong but knew it didnt look right! :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl: at the ice cubes in the tea.

It is SO bizarre to me. I have always been really organised - think control freak organised and now I am wandering around in my own little fairy land all 'la la la la'. OH finds it HILARIOUS because it is usually him who has to go back to the flat 5 times when we are going out. If it gets really bad I won't be safe to be out by myself!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back