Oh dear....

zebrastripes

Reaction score
Being pregnant (and therefore, a future poor person) means I am now interested in things like Nescafe tokens and housing prices.
After having a look at the housing prices for my area today i have decided...
...........I'm going to have to buy a trailer :shock: :shock: :shock:

On a lighter note, I entered my doggy in the Pet Show for the village gala :D He wasn't too pleased about getting bathed (though the sweet chestnut & henna really brought out his brunette lowlights) but we ended up getting runner-up :D :D

I get to enter Bonny Babies next year :D

I'd wait a bit if I were you, anyway. The way the interest rates are going up currently, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the housing bubble bursts soon (repossessions are already up, sadly).

Equally, if it's feasible for you, it might well be better to buy elsewhere (assuming that you have the friends/support network elsewhere). It might be worth, for example, considering outskirts of your current area of further afield. Do you have any friends in the estate agent business who might be able to tell you of an up and coming area where you could buy cheaply but know that your little one would be ok growing up there?

The other option is to see if there are any cheaper rentals about, although I admit that's getting less and less likely, too.

Luckily enough I won't have to move anywhere for a while, I'm staying with my parents for the next two years. And hopefully by then things will have calmed down a little.
The market will have to collapse eventually, other wise people of my age are going to have real problems :shock: My area was actualy one of the slightly cheaper places to live, until recently.
Thanks for the advice anyway :D I know it's a bit silly to worry about what's going to happens a few years ahead, but I have a baby to think of now :?

its not silly atall!

we're about to release some equity and move our mortgage to prepare for the worst - the equity will pay off all our credit such as the car finance, loans and credit card etc, and actually save us a load of money each month even when the mortgage payments go up. We dont plan on ever selling, its our lifelong family home now, so it doesnt bother us if the value rises or falls, aslong as we can release some equity before it drops :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back