office work

chezzabell

Reaction score
does anyone work in an office??

if so i was just wondering how u are getting on with sitting all day etc, Im finding it harder and harder to sit at a desk all day, my boss is great and say get up every now and then, but sometimes its not that easy when im busy....like this morning i have been in since 815am and sat working till i got up at 1030am. Also my hips are killing me loads aswell :( sorry to moan

Oh my god - just noticed that you are due 2 days after me. (I'm 23rd April but dont' know how get a ticker yet :(
How fab!

Anyway - i sit all day but not really having discomfort. I had a workstation assessment done and have a footrest and my chair is slightly reclined so i'm pretty stretched out.

Has your employer done a workplace assessment? A footrest might help you.

Take care.
Keep in touch in you want a due date buddy.
S x

Suz is right your meant to have a health and safety assessment which looks into your working space to make it more comfortable for you! I got bought a new chair which was like a throne!

Yea I had one done, and i have a foot rest and my chair is upsright for my back, i think im finding it hard cos of my hips :roll: I guess im just moaning :rotfl:

hey Suz get a ticker, I can be ur due date buddy if you want hun :hug:

I had an assesment which was rubbish.

Im really uncomfortable too hun, sitting down all day kills me xxx

I had an assessment, and can't really get up and wander around because I'm stuck on the phones all day! My manager was really good and pointed out things I wouldn't have even thought about, like did I want to move seats so I didn't risk tripping up as I walked past people etc.
However, I still have a rubbish chair, and was not offered any kind of foot rest or anything. He did say it's an ongoing thing so if I think of anything, I only have to ask, which is good news!

i work from home as a typist and i find im getting terrible hip and butt ache if i sit down for too long! have to spread my work over the full seven days so im not sitting down for too long each day! cant really get a workplace assessment for here (or at least i dont think so....im employed thru an agency, does anyone know if i am? im not entitled to maternity leave or paid leave for ante-natal appts.)

was hoping this work would continue after the baby is born, but thats unlikely now, however i am entitled to full SMP so wont have to worry about work til after december!

I was taken on when i was three months pregnant and so grateful they took chance like that didnt push for an assessment. I have a crappy chair which i feel like i am falling off all the time and my back kills. Only 3 days a week thou and feel indebted because thought i would be unemplayed so havent asked for anything to be done... maybe I should say something.

DaisieBee said:
I was taken on when i was three months pregnant and so grateful they took chance like that didnt push for an assessment. I have a crappy chair which i feel like i am falling off all the time and my back kills. Only 3 days a week thou and feel indebted because thought i would be unemplayed so havent asked for anything to be done... maybe I should say something.

yea u should hunny :hug:

Dont get me wrong, im not a pushover... but how do you think i should approach it without sounding like demanding pregnant lady?

I have the opposite problem. I'm a dance teacher and am on my feet for a good part of the day and my back is killing me, by the time I get home i'm crippled. I don't think we can win either way. :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back