• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Off to the doctors

Crackers

Reaction score
Well, I've panicked myself silly today.

Last night I woke in the night to pee (as is usual these days!) and I had a pain in my right side. I've had similar pains all over, but this one in particular worried me as at my early scan on Saturday they found a cyst on my right ovary.

Anyway, I couldn't get through to my midwife this morning and ended up getting myself all worked up on the phone to my mum this morning - so she's been googling all day and telling me not to worry! I finally managed to speak to a midwife at lunchtime. She said that if it was anything to worry about they would have referred me straight away from the scan on Saturday, but to put my mind at rest I should go to see my GP (today if possible), and if he thinks it's something to worry about he can refer me for a scan/etc.

I'm SURE everything is fine...but it's doing me no good sitting here getting worked up over it, so I'm leaving work in a few mins and getting myself down to my GP. It's most likely my hormones going all over the place - literally feel like I could sit and cry at the moment!

Fingers crossed!

I am sure all will be ok babe! I know what "worrying" is like! Its horrible and once you start.... its impossible to stop! xxxx

hey hun

try not to worry yourself it was probably just the pressure of needing a wee that was causing the pain, the doctor should re-assure you though.

i sometimes have pains which is due to scar tissue from previous c section and appendicitis scar its hard not to worry but sometimes you cannot help yourself as if ur like me you always expect the worst!

keep me fingers crossed all is ok for you xx

Hope you're ok, keep us updated x

All ok! Doc said that cysts are really common and nothing to worry about. I had a bit of a cry in the surgery and she asked what was worrying me - I was honest and told her I was just worried the cyst could somehow hurt baby. She said no way, I've got nothing to worry about at all.
Basically, if the scan had shown anything dangerous they would have sent me to docs/hospital. Plus she read the early scan report and said it was all fine.

It might seem like a waste of time going, but I feel so much better that a professional has told me I've got nothing to worry about!

Obviously having a hormonal day...I still had a good cry when I got home :)

PS thanks for all of your lovely messages xxxxx

Awwwwwww hun, pleased the doc has reassured you a little, it's good your doctor listened to you as well. You're bound to get days when you worry. I'm over analysing every little twinge at the moment, trying to work out if its just wind or stretching or the start of something more sinister!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back