How does it work at your hospital/doctors?

marley

Reaction score
Hello ladies!

I have just called up my hospital in South West London (St Georges in tooting) , to find out what i need to do next.

Im 6weeks +1 today and i went to the doctor 4 weeks ago when i knew i was pregnant, doc gave me a massive pack, asked me to sign a refferal and said they'll be in touch!

Hadn't heard anything.... so took it upon myself to investigate myself!

So i called the FMU and they booked me in for:

1- Midwife appointment (discuss med history) - this takes place at 10 weeks
2- blood tests this takes place at 11 weeks
3- she booked me in for the scan few days after my bloods.

It was only cause i rang up i managed to get all these dates organised myself.

How does it work at your hospital/doctors?

seems a bit long winded id prefer to do it all on one day! check that lickle bean is nice and sticky :) xx
xxx

Hiya, i had my first midwife appt I was about 9 weeks, done medical history and blood tests, weight and height taken and all that. A week later I had my dating scan, I was 10 weeks 2 days :) x

Forgot to say all my dates came through the post too, I went to see my GP, told her I'm pregnant and then just waited on dates coming through.

Last edited:
your at the same hospital as me and thats exactly how mine ran aswell, my scans on thursday :)
my doctors arranged it all however and i got the letters sent through from the hospital x

Ive got my 1st appointment on Thursday.
I called the Doc's, and they just booked we in, without seeing my GP.

I know from other people though, my Doc and hospital are really good. They let you know at one appointment when the next one will be. You get phone calls and mail telling you when all appointments are, and they only change your appointment dates in emergencys or if you request it.

So mine will all be booked well in advance. I guess thats a good thing :D

I just had a very bad experience at St Georges and there is no way I am going back there. Last time when I phoned NHS direct they told me to go there but this time I went to Chelsea and Westminster's EPU and it was such a big difference! Hopefully I can have my antenatal there as well.

your at the same hospital as me and thats exactly how mine ran aswell, my scans on thursday :)
my doctors arranged it all however and i got the letters sent through from the hospital x

For some reason, i thought you might be at the same hospital as me! lol

I dont think ill having my scans done down here, im moving back up to the midlands to be close to family and stuff.

We'll see how it goes... !

I just feel like know one knows what there fdoing at the other end, or maybe i just need to wait!

thanks for your comments girls... xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back