• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

off to hospital we go... ****update 1st post***

Manda&Thomas

Reaction score
just got back the poor sod is illergic to soya milk aswell so hes now on completly processed formula its called hypoallergenic forumla, we have also got a thickening powder as the milk is so thin its not good for his cleft as it goes right up the hole and streams out his nose :(
they also praised me on weaning him early due to him always being hungry and told me to up his food as this milk will not satisfy him at all being its got no lactose or soya in or something along those lines, the dietitian will be contacting us soon to help us with weaning as i cant give him anything that comes out of a jar which is fine as i was going to make my own anyways but i have to be extra carefull with exactly what i cook for him now
just glad its nothing more serious they first thought he had something wrong with his bowels/intestines as he has a destended belly turns out hes just fat haha how embarressing

thomas has been screaming for 2 weeks now and generaly not himself at all
his pooh has changed hes not wee'ing asmuch his feeds are dropping off hes not interested in drinking his milk at all, its been hard with the screaming.
we went to the doctors today and they cant find anything wrong ith him hes not got a temperature and his lungs seem clear so we dont no whats wrong she has told us to go to the hospital get him checked over fully as they could be something else going on,
we changed his milk again last week thinking it was that but it hasnt made any difference just made him more sick as its to thin for him
not looking forward to going
will update when we are back
xx

Aw I hope they help you! It's awful when they're so unwell and no apparant reason! :hug:

just got back the poor sod is illergic to soya milk aswell so hes now on completly processed formula its called hypoallergenic forumla, we have also got a thickening powder as the milk is so thin its not good for his cleft as it goes right up the hole and streams out his nose :(
they also praised me on weaning him early due to him always being hungry and told me to up his food as this milk will not satisfy him at all being its got no lactose or soya in or something along those lines, the dietitian will be contacting us soon to help us with weaning as i cant give him anything that comes out of a jar which is fine as i was going to make my own anyways but i have to be extra carefull with exactly what i cook for him now
just glad its nothing more serious they first thought he had something wrong with his bowels/intestines as he has a destended belly turns out hes just fat haha how embarressing

thomas has been screaming for 2 weeks now and generaly not himself at all
his pooh has changed hes not wee'ing asmuch his feeds are dropping off hes not interested in drinking his milk at all, its been hard with the screaming.
we went to the doctors today and they cant find anything wrong ith him hes not got a temperature and his lungs seem clear so we dont no whats wrong she has told us to go to the hospital get him checked over fully as they could be something else going on,
we changed his milk again last week thinking it was that but it hasnt made any difference just made him more sick as its to thin for him
not looking forward to going
will update when we are back
xx

Aw I hope they help you! It's awful when they're so unwell and no apparant reason! :hug:

:hug: :hug:

I hope he's alright good luck at the hospital :hug:

Aww, how awful for him. At least you know what's wrong and can work from here.

:hug: this must be really hard for you- feeding anweaning etc have completely baffled me and I haven't had half the hurdles to overcome! :hug:

Aww hopefully he'll be better on that milk now-poor little man!
hope he feels better soon! :hug: :hug:

its not too bad at the moment as rice is just rice nothing added so thats ok but everything else has soya/milk in so im really going to have to hunt down some things he can have veg is fine il do it myself but he cant live on purred veg forever!!
going to email loads of the baby food companies asking if they stock foods that he could eat in the hope they send me out some samples :)
i no he cant have cow&gate as most of their products contain milk already and are "just add water"
thanks all :hug:
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back