• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Occupational Maternity Pay

Bee

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of this? I can't find much info on the net.

I am getting occupational maternity pay from my work - on the letter it says 13 weeks occupational maternity pay = normal salary. Does this mean I am getting paid normal pay for 13 weeks? (up until I would be finishing my contract with the school in aug)

Then further down it says I do not qualify for SMP as I do not have 26 weeks service at the beginning of the 15th week before my expected week of confinement. This I knew but by the looks of it I am better off with the OMP anyway.

I am assuming I can apply for SMA from the end of the 13 weeks OMP. I don't have the SMP1 form yet (payroll have to send that :roll: )

Why can't it be simpler :lol: I have been chasing HR up for ages about this as I only have 8 weeks till I am on official maternity leave and I needed the stuff back to claim for SMA.

i get OMP for the first 13 weeks, then SMP for 26 weeks after that.

my OMP is also my full salary - its up to the company that employs you as to how generous they want to be :)

Thanks for that! Thats what I was thinking, only thing is I won't get SMP as I don't qualify for it. Do u think I will get SMA instead once the 13 weeks are up? In the process of sorting it out but still need the SMP1 form thats to come from Payroll.

Yeah they seem to be generous! I am getting full pay for 13 weeks (which is up until my contract would end anyway) Its a very nice surprise!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatema53
Back