Obstetric Cholestatis........grrrrr

BellaRiven

Reaction score
So last night was a really bad night for itching.. I have been perfectly fine the whole way through the pregnancy and then last night OH MY GOD, I swear I could have chopped my bloody legs and arms off with the itching I tried everything to stop it and nothing helped.

I ended up ringing the maternity unit and they asked me to go in so they could take some blood and get it tested of OC and then they would get back to me this morning or by lunchtime today depending when the results were in.

Well the results came in early it appears the LTV?? levels were raised so now I have to go see a doctor over at the cattle market they call Poole Hospital :)

I am off to do some googling to see what this means for baba, I know google is a bad thing but I need something, is anyone has any advice that would be great :)

xxxx

Oh I hope it's ok hun, I was going to suggest Bicarb of Soda for the bath my mw suggested it to help ease the skin :) x

I don't know much about OC, but I hope the doctors at the hospital can help. And don't trust everything u read on google!! Xx

The doctors will sort you out, and you will probably be given some medication! Please don't read anything on google! The doc will tell you all you need to know :) xx

Sounds awful - poor you. Have you read the sticky OC thread, just under the bumpy pics thread at the top of the tri3 page? Hope you manage to get some answers soon x

So we went to the other unit and it appears the midwife at Bournemouth was a bit presumptuos

I in fact do not have it but my levels are raised for the ALT's at 63 (should be about 30) the bile acid is low though so it couldn;t be confirmed that this is actually what I have...

I have to go for another blood test next week and if the levels are high again then yes I do have it but based on the test's this week I don't.

I have been given Piriton and calamine lotion to help ease the itching, and if the piriton doens;t work for the itching it'll work for my hayfever so that's a result lol :)

Always look on the bright side...

glad it all went ok and try not to worry about it too much as the guidelines seem to have changed on OC in pregnancy :) fx your all clear next week xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back