I have Obstetric Choleastasis

kiki

Reaction score
I just had a call from the hospital and my blood tests showed that I have Obstetric Choleastasis :-(. Have to go to the delivery suite tomorrow morning to be monitored and to have a chat with the doctors to make a plan of action. So dissapointed, I was sure the results would be all clear even though the itching is driving me crazy at night. At least the baby ismoving really well for now so I'm hoping he is ok!

:hugs: Did u have any other symptoms apart from the itching? xx

Nothing except the itching, and that even goes mostly away during the day. To be honest the only reason I even thought it could be something serious is becouse of the sticky thread on here! If I hadn't read that I would have thought its just dry skin and normall pregnancy itching.

Hey hon, hope u get on ok at delivery suite - really good news that u got them to check u out x x x

Don't mean to sound silly but I got pretty dry skin and itchy parts, thighs and armpits are the itchiest. What does it mean if you have it? X

have a look at the sticky on top of tri 3 threads x

Just read it. Hmmm that's interesting, I've only just had bloods done and haven't had results or anyone call me about them I'm guessing they would have phoned if they were concerned? X

hey hun, if you need any advice...im your girl :) ive had it twice!! i had alot of symptoms ended up delivering both my babies at 38 weeks x

Great you saw the sticky thread and got checked - see it does work! Hope the hospital can tell you more answers and look after you X

I am symptomatic for OC too. They have scheduled a C section because of this.. but i have had no itching at all... they found out I had high bile acids through a blood test because i was having so much pain in my hands. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you.

At least it has been picked up and they are looking after you. Hope it goes okay at the hospital.

Baby is doing good and had a nice chat with the doctors at the delivery ward today. It looks now like I'm also getting pre-eclampsia again. Have to go to the hospital on tuesday for checks and seeing a consultant on Wednesday. The basically said that they will most likely induce me at 38 weeks, so I better finish packing my hospital bag soon! Feel a lot better about the whole thing today, I should not have googled the condition yesterday as they always seem to show you the worse case scenario!

Step away from Google :trouble: I had OC bad both times & have two healthy sons!! I also spoke to a lady in hospital thats had it 4 times and had 4 healthy babies :flower:

Does it show up in the normal tests they do on the regular blood work? Or does it have to be specifically tested for?

And can it develop later in pregnancy (so could have missed it in regular bloods?)

Am bringing this up with my midwife on wednesday before i flay myself!

I don't know if it shows up in the normal tests or if they need to specifically search for it. And I only started with the symptoms just over a week ago so yes I guess it can develop in later pregnancy. I would ask your midwife if you are conserned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back