OBEM Question...

SarahCarps2be

Reaction score
Hiii.

So my OH put on OBEM last night for me to watch, I've always wanted to watch it but he's always banned me because he can't stand the screaming women haha.
But he was on the laptop most of the day/night, so he put it on for me to watch...
There was a woman who had twins on there..
And I was asking OH this questions and he was looking at me like wtf, how am I meant to know!? Lol...

So..
With twins, Are they in one sac, or one each!? And do they have a placenta each or just one placenta for the both of them!?
I'm just curious!!

:D xx

I THINK but not sure, if they are idenicle then they share a placenta and sac because they come from the same egg. Nonidenticle are from different eggs and so have separate placenta and sacs :)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

I THINK but not sure, if they are idenicle then they share a placenta and sac because they come from the same egg. Nonidenticle are from different eggs and so have separate placenta and sacs :)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Oooo, kinda makes sense!!
Just wondered it when I saw the program last night :p

I saw it too , I always thought it would be nice to have twins but the reality of going through it all again a few minutes later it didn't seem quite so appealing after all did it? I think I'm glad I've only been blessed with single babies . xx

I'll try to explain this for you.

There are 3 different types of twins.

First of all its important to understand that there are 2 membranes around baby (amniotic sac) the first is the amnion which sits closest to baby and the 2nd is the chorion which is closest to the womb.

So the 3 different types are:-

DCDA - Di chorionic di amniotic ( 2 sets of membranes 2 placentas and non identical twins) usually seen in IVF twins

MCMA - mono chorionic mono amniotic ( 1 set of membranes 1 placenta) and identical twins this is very very rare and can be a very tricky pregnancy

MCDA - mono chorionic di amniotic ( 1 chorion and 2 amnion 1 placenta) normally identical twins.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back