Nursing bra

Hazel

Reaction score
How much bigger did your boobs grow after having baby. I want to buy a nursing bra but I'm obviously not going to know what size I am. I was a B cup but have creeped up to a C over the past few weeks.

I was a B before pregnant, crept to C then to D during. Now baby's here i'm DD! I have found very comfortable nursing bras last week and they were £5!!! So you're not wasting too much money.

I went D to DD while pregnant, and now that I'm feeding I'm in a G

Went from DD to F in early pregnancy then up to a G towards the end. Not breastfeeding but no sign of them going anywhere!

I was told to wait until you are at least 34 weeks before you shop for nursing bras as it gives your bump a chance to shift down, at the mo your ribs will be really flared and you will probably need a smaller back size once bubs is out.
I bought a couple of cheapies just before my due date just so I would have something then went shopping after about 5 weeks for a decent one once things had settled down a bit!

My midwife was just telling me that the woman at M&S here won't even measure you before 38 weeks! If that's true, how rude! But she also said that she wouldn't recommend spending much money on one until your supply is established because that is when your true size will be apparent... I don't know if I want to wait that long!

Where did you find the £5 ones, Lisa? I've been looking for cheap bras for ages and not finding any!

clarey said:
I was told to wait until you are at least 34 weeks before you shop for nursing bras as it gives your bump a chance to shift down, at the mo your ribs will be really flared and you will probably need a smaller back size once bubs is out.
I bought a couple of cheapies just before my due date just so I would have something then went shopping after about 5 weeks for a decent one once things had settled down a bit!

I'm glad you said that. I've just had to buy one of those extenders for the bra I'm wearing now and thought I had got a fat back :lol: .

moss said:
My midwife was just telling me that the woman at M&S here won't even measure you before 38 weeks! If that's true, how rude! But she also said that she wouldn't recommend spending much money on one until your supply is established because that is when your true size will be apparent... I don't know if I want to wait that long!

Where did you find the £5 ones, Lisa? I've been looking for cheap bras for ages and not finding any!

I found M&S completely useless, they couldn't have been any less helpful. I was a 36DD before I was pregnant (was measured last June) and measured as a 42C at about 32 weeks!?!? They scoffed at me when I could only fit about half a boob in one cup and could have fitted another of me (though I'm anything but small!) in the strap and basically said that it wasn't anything to do with their measurements! Measured myself at home as a 38F.

Went to Debenhams at 36 weeks and the lady who helped me was wonderful - measured me the same as I had and insisted on coming in to check the fitting of the ones I'd chosen but ended up with a 38G on her recommendation. Will definitely go back there in a few months when I've lost some weight.

Suffice to say I won't be going back to that M&S for bras again!

moss said:

Tesco. It's so comfortable too. Only found em last week. That F&F brand if i remember correctly!

If yours don't do em let me know. I can always get them for you and post them.

I'd wait till the last possible moment and then buy one as they can grow a lot.

My suggestion would be to get one only before baby arrives and then wait till your milk comes in and then go get more once your boobs have expanded as far as they are going to. I got mine a week before and got a larger cup size. LO arrived and thy fitted for a few days and when my milk came in fully I had to go up another cup size again.

oh my god... people have changed SO much once their milk has come in.. i was a 32G before i was pregnant, im now 28 weeks & a 36H (which is tight).... im dreadng to think what im going to have to get the closer i get to my due date!!! :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back