• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nursery furniture

Olive

Reaction score
What are you going to have in your nursery and have you chosen things yet?

Our nursery has a built-in wardrobe, but as we are tight on space, OH is keeping his stuff in it (I have the wardrobe in the bedroom). So initially I was thinking of buying a standing wardrobe, but now I'm wondering if we can get away with just the following:

A cot
A set of drawers
A nursing chair

Just don't know if a set of drawers is enough to keep lo's stuff in. Nappies etc I can put in my wardrobe.

Help!

xx

Last edited:
The room we are using for the nursery has a built in wardrobe so will use that, including to store nappies, toiletries etc as its a double wardrobe. We have gotten a small 3 drawer chest of drawers to store the clothes, vests, sleepsuits etc.
We also have a wooden changing unit that has a couple of shelves and a glider chair and footstool, and then the cot :)

We don't have a spare room so LO is in with us. We have converted the big cupboard upstairs into his wardrobe it also has shelves in. In our room for him we have a chest of draws and a drawer under his cotbed

Baby's room is very small, there'll be just the cot, a wardrobe and some shelves. Hopefully that'll work and we won't be swamped in baby stuff!

Thanks ladies. Interesting to know what everyone is thinking xx

Lo room has a little built in wardrobe, and it's not a very big room so only the cot and a chest of draws with the changing mat bit on top.. Probably some selves to.

We have NO room for us let alone all of baby's things. We have the big plastic vacuum bags that our out of season clothes are going in and then up in the loft which makes loads more room. Plus all I have to do is smile sweetly at my mum and it's amazing how much room she has when my little brother's stuff goes up in their loft :lol: xxxxxxxxx

My little boys room is very small so we have a cot, nursing chair (but the traditional regency type one as it is very small) and a changing unit which has 3 drawers and a cupboard at the side which we are going to put a rail in so that we can hang up his special its. We ave a drawer under the cot so that we can store bed stuff and spare nappies etc!!
This is the unit...

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs...ayA_382+107+2412_10751_-1_14601_125639_10001_

xxx

We have a large double wardrobe in the nursery that used to house my clothes. I have managed to get rid of loads of my stuff so that half of it is empty for our LO's hanging clothes. Thre is also a small wardrobe with shelves which I am going to use for nappies, folded clothes, etc. We will of course have a cot (going to order that today! Woohoo!) and hopefully a nursing chair. I am going to get a changing thing that fits on top of the cot as I will not have a suitable surface in the room.

i suppose it depends on how many drawers there are ;)

if u get a big chest of drawers 7/8 drawers you will be fine with that! xx

That's what I was thinking Sarah. A bigger set of drawers and maybe some of those divider boxes in there. I'm not fussed if it doesn't come from a baby shop as long as it matches the cot somehow (not that we've chosen that yet either!).

Mrs N that unit is lovely, really nice. Unfortunately way out of my budget though.xxx

I'm planing the same as you, chair, cot and chest of drawers. Ikea do some tall drawer sets which might fit more in. We also have built in wardrobes which are full at the moment but if I'm really strict I could probably get rid of some of it to fit LOs stuff in.

Going to go have a look at Ikea website :) thanks hun x

Iv got 2 built in wardrobes in the boys room with loads of space which were really thankful for so were just having 2 cots a nursing chair and a nappy changing unit! They have brilliant space saving ideas at ikea that will help was looking earlier online x

I'm getting mine from ikea, just a normal set. Xx

What are you getting? There's a 6 drawer of what we have in our room as 4 drawer that's reasonable. But there's a white 6 drawer I like a lot. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back