NURSERY/CHILDCARE - REVIEWS???

littlebump

Reaction score
I'm starting to think about childcare for when I return to work (how depressing - I haven't even left yet), as some of the nurseries around us can get booked up to 6 months in advance!!

Does anyone know of any good websites which review Childcare/nurseries? Who regulates them - is it Ofsted or is that older schools?

Also, can anyone recommend a checklist of things to look for/questions to ask etc...?

I would be very grateful for any help

LBxx

Hi Hun,

Go on the ofsted website, they have all the reviews on the nurseries in your area, they have to follow a curriculum as do schools,
They put positive and negative comments on there which is good, so you can see the pro's and con's

Hope this helps

:D

feel like a promoter about this place.. but try surestart. search for it on google. its goverment run and they do loads of free stuff for families (and no u dont have to b on benifits!) the childcare is affordable and they do some goos stuff with the kids. my local service is great and even has a bus that can can u pick u up to take the little ones if u dont drive... and they do day trips too!

I'm interested in surestart and have the phone number of the one near me but I don't know what to say when I ring up, I don't really know what I want from them or even if I'm entitled to anything, it just sounds really good.

Hi,

Take a look round a few places and go with your gut instinct and what feels right for your child.

We opted for very structured daycare in a large university pre-school for Daniel - he's always been very fussy. Callum went to a childminder who was active in the community (toddler groups, playgroup) - he gets bored easily so keeping him busy was top priority. Charlotte went to the nursery attached to the local school - she's always been clingy so we wanted to make the school transition as stress free as possible.

I worried for ages about sending Daniel to daycare at 3 months old, and looked round loads of places but he didn't seem to look comfortable in any. We tried the university one as a last resort and he settled straight away.

Tracy xx

kim... just ask them to send you information about their nursery/creche and a timetable of things that they do... and ask for a joining form... hope this helps

Thanks everyone. I'll definitely check Ofsted and Surestart. I've also got an appointment to see one nursery on Thursday - my MIL is coming wiht me which is good - I'm rubbish doing this sort of thing on my own!

LBxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back