Nursery bedding

Geekachublog

Reaction score
We've started to look at nursery bedding and accessories, I can't believe how bloody expensive it all is :(

We are going for an elephant theme and managed to pick up a cot bedding set with bumper/sheet/fleece and duvet for £20 purely because someone had opened the box! I think full price was £28. This was at asda, also managed to get matching mobile for £10 and found the curtains on ebay. Still have to buy new coverings for Moses basket but seen one with elephants on for £25 including, hood cover the linings and cover for £25 :)

I can't find what I'm looking for as baby bedding so I'm really having to scour the Internet for bits and pieces to decorate our room. So far found a nice blanket, some potential curtains (though might go for a blind instead) and a general colour scheme. What bits have you been pricing up hun? xxx

I'm waiting til I know the sex.. :) got a cot already (mine from when was a baby) if its a girl think ill go for a shabby shic ditzy print or a patchwork kinda bedding. A little boy not so sure yet.. Probably something to do with animals as got lotsa jelly cat animals already :) either one I'm goin for shabby shic :) love old
Fashioned looking stuff! Chest of draws/ wardrobe will be from
Antique/junk shops. as most of my house ferniture is :) Excited! Ha
Xx

Last edited:
I can't find what I'm looking for as baby bedding so I'm really having to scour the Internet for bits and pieces to decorate our room. So far found a nice blanket, some potential curtains (though might go for a blind instead) and a general colour scheme. What bits have you been pricing up hun? xxx

We've been looking at bedding, bumpers, soft furnishings for the room and curtains etc.

I think hubby and I have decided to buy material and have a go at making some of it ourselves, especially bumpers and cushions(for my nursing chair) because they're so overpriced.

That sounds like a good idea hun! Plus you can have any fabric you want then! xxx

We have gone for a bee theme, got our bedding from tescos in club card exchange so cost us nothing. Also got the mobile for £10, curtains and wall art for £1.99 each from home bargains! All in the same range! We are stopping team yellow so was hard to know what to do, didn't want teddy bears etc. also didn't want to spend loads as we are on quite a tight budget as having a lot of renovation do e at home before baby comes!

This is what we have got :)

http://m.tesco.com/mt/www.tesco.com/direct/kids-line-cute-as-can-bee-4-piece-bale/210-6399.prd
http://m.tesco.com/mt/www.tesco.com/direct/kids-line-cute-as-can-bee-mobile/210-2378.prd
http://m.tesco.com/mt/www.tesco.com/direct/kids-line-cute-as-can-bee-wall-art/210-6447.prd

Have a look in dunelm mill. I got mine there and rather than the muslin thin curtains that mothercare and babyrus sell, I had thick blackout curtains that keep the room nice and dark for the times I will be putting the baby to bed. (cost the same) mine is the owl theme as team yellow.

Typically have fallen in love with the Mamas and Papas Jamboree range, priced it up at over £250 for all the bits I want. Tad ridiculous!

I bought the Little Bear range from Next which included a bumper, fitted sheet and coverlet. The only thing I'm worried about now is that there is a bit of controversy over using bumpers and links to cot death and they also recommend using blankets rather than coverlets. So I'm now wondering if I've spent £55 on a sheet!!

Bumpers are not recommended due to risk of SIDS. All that is recommended to use up to age 1 is a bottom sheet, and then cellular blankets, until baby is at a weight to be able to use gro bags.

My lo is 5 months now and we have only ever bought her cellular blankets, bottom sheets and gro bags.

I bought the Little Bear range from Next which included a bumper, fitted sheet and coverlet. The only thing I'm worried about now is that there is a bit of controversy over using bumpers and links to cot death and they also recommend using blankets rather than coverlets. So I'm now wondering if I've spent £55 on a sheet!!

I was going to buy this range, is the bedding set a waste of money do you think? Or can the bumpers be used later on? I priced it all up without the curtains & I came to about £170 which I thought was reasonable to kit out a whole room - but is it worth the bedding set too?x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back