nurofen & calpol at the same time?

laracomps

Reaction score
I am pretty sure you can give both at the same time... But wanted to double check.

Phoebe's had a temperature all day, I gave her nurofen at 5.30pm, but it is still about 37.8 Her normal temp is 36.6.

The highest it has reached today is 38.5 i think.

Is it ok to give her calpol as well? Do you have to leave time in between giving them?

Thanks in advance

yup, its fine. just ensure you stay within the dosage for each within the 24 hour period.

i'm struggling to keep connor's temp down too - it just hit 39.7 and has been over 40 a few times today :( :( i'm giving ibuprofen in between the calpol doses, rather than at the same time, in the hope that it'll work better at keeping his temperature out of the stupidly high zone.

if phoebe's temp is still around 37.8, i'd hold off giving her anything else for a bit - its above normal but just means she's fighting infection. a high temperature isn't a bad thing, it just means the body's working properly. its the worry of febrile convulsions and dehydration when it gets really high though...

hope she feels better soon xxx :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks. I will see how she goes later on this eve. Its the paranoid PND mummy in me that doesn't want it to go above 38 cos it panics me!

She seems fine to be honest though, apart from crying a bit more. She's been in just a nappy all day, and sleeping a bit more. Biting everything. I know they say that teething can't give a high temp, but I'm sure it doesn't help!

Hope Connor's comes down too. Its horrible when they are illsome :cry:
:hug: :hug:

Yeh it is fine hun.

I always try to give Nurofen first, then 2hrs later give calpol, 2hrs later nurofen and so on..... staggers the doses but still making 4hrs between each medicine.

I was told by the doctor last time Arianna had her tonsilitus and her temp that Nurofen works quicker at reducing the temp, but the effects wear off quicker, so the paracetamol in the Calpol keeps it down iykwim

Poor bubbas - hope they are better soon :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back