Now what??

flopsybunny

Reaction score
Hiya!!

I've just got my :bfp:...now what do I do? Do I need to book an appointment at the doctor? I was concentrating so hard on getting pregnant I haven't put much thought to what to do when I actually got my :bfp:!!

xx

Different areas do different things in regards to pregnancy care hun, but the first step in most areas is going to see your gp to confirm your pregnancy x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right..so first thing I will phone and book an appointment. They will confirm with a blood test will they?

I need to calm down...I am so excited!! I have waited so so long!!

xx

You have every right to be excited hun.

Not sure whether they will do blood tests if you have had a positive test at home, my doctor just asked what tests i had used, when my last period was, how was i feeling ect and then they will refer you to a midwife, who will then prob see you for a booking appointment around 8-10 weeks x x

just phone the dr and they will tell you what happens next :) im going straight to the midwives this time :)

go the docs take your test with u thats what i did, they weight you, take your blood presure and give you advice on food and stuff like that, then you get referded to the midwife for around 8 weeks, this happened to me last weds :)

Thanks! I will take a clutch of tests with me. Have done 2 today, i didn't 100% trust the 1st one! :lol: I am planning another for FMU tomorrow and Wednesday because I want to see the line be darker.

xx

i went to docs last monday when i was 6 weeks 3 days (although it took 2 weeks for an appointment!).. he didn't do any tests... just filled out a form .... gave me some advice on vitamins, excersize, constipation, stretching pains etc and asked if i want GP led, midwife led or combined antenatal care (i went for combined) and if i wanted a home or hospital birth.

about 5 days later i got my scan date through the post for when i will be 12 weeks exactly.

i think i just wait and he said the midwife will be in touch too!

it's exciting eh... you really feel like you should be doing something now don't you! (well i did!)

good luck x x x

That is exactly how I feel! Do stretching pains feel like mild cramps?

xx

think they do as ive been having them i thought i was coming on tbh i pooped meself lol!

Me and my OH booked appointment at DR, Took my tests, he gave me a possible week I could be and then referred me to my midwife. My Dr didnt do another test as I already had 4! Midwifes dont usually see you until around 8 weeks anyway. I booked early scans to make sure all okay. I saw midwife at 8 weeks and now wont see her until 16 weeks. You may get period like pains which is just everything stretching. As long as you dont have any blood though. You should get a dating scan at 12 weeks to see how big baby really is. Because myself and my partner are healthy with no medical problems or history of problems we will only have two scans! Gutted, so we have been going private!

Have a healthy and happy 9 months! xxxxxxxxxxx

11 weeks + 2 days with my Smidge xxx

Last edited:
Thank you. Your reply was reassuring. I wasn't sure whether little cramps were normal or a sign that things might not work.

xx

when i found out i was pregnant, i called my doc surgery, had a call back from midwife, had an appointment booked for booking in at the hospital at 10 weeks, had a leaflet about scans sent to me that you have to fill out and send back, once they recieve that leaflet they send you your scan date! no one confirmed i was pregnant at all haha so would have been a shock if i went to scan with nothing there! they just trusted that i had a positive test x

slight cramps are normal, i think we all worried about them at first but most people seem to get them. I went to the doctor and they didnt do another test or anything to confirm but they gave me folic acid to take and said come back to register with midwife in a couple of weeks x

I am scared of these little cramps. I am worried that because I haven't actually missed my period yet, I still might get it and lose the baby!

xx

Mild cramps are normal in early pregnancy hun, i know its hard but try not to worry x x

yes I got my mild cramps too in the week before my BFP and for a couple of weeks after. Still get a few twinges now. I was worried like you so contacted the NHS helpline and spoke to a nurse over the phone. She said as long as the pains aren't severe or accompanied by bleeding it's pretty normal in early pregnancy, and that the cramps are usually caused through an increase in the hormone estrogen and your uterus stretching to make room for the baby.

ahw try not to worry flopsybunny.. i found out early like you (before AF was even due) and i really kept thinking it wasn't real... especially until i was at least late for my period... then as my AF due day came and went and then it was like "oooh i'm 2 days late now... then 4 days late etc" i just kept doing tests and the lines got darker each day... i even did 3 CBD to check that the first one was 1-2 weeks... then a week later to check it had changed to 2 -3 and even the week after that to get a 3+.... i think only then did i actually stop worrying about AF coming along... it is hard when you find out so early but just as exciting and at least you can start doing everything right from the earliest possible time!! well done on your bfp!

Thanks, it hasn't really sunk in yet. I am seeing the doctor on friday. LOL My OH wants to tell everyone already!! :roll: I haven't seen him so excited before. :)
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back