Not sure where to post this

violet13

Reaction score
So my mum has cancer, she's had one operation on her lung the other radiotherapy the second lung the operated on one has a lump again so more radiotherapy and now the other side has started again....my mums not got many options and I honestly want to donate a lung but they won't let me until she's been free of cancer for a year. I keep thinking of what can happen now and honestly not a lot she has another scan in a few weeks and the results after....I'm fearing the worst why is it always good
People get the worst things? I've also no friends really to talk to this about and I honestly can't keep rehashing everything with my DH that's not fair but I'm miserable I don't want to lose my mum and if anything happens my dad will not
Cope I don't think I could handle losing one parent let alone two.
😔

Ahh Violet that is really scary stuff, and hats off to you if you would donate a lung! I didn't even know you could donate lungs and live with one! That is incredible.

Bless you though, I bet it is just the scariest thing to ever have to go through. I think positivity is the best thing that your mum and dad need right now, go on days out together and enjoy the time you do have, that sort of things does wonders for sick people, and can really uplift them and help towards them being cured, I am sorry I have no other advice to give as I haven't experienced this sort of thing before but I know it happens to the best people and it is not fair at all. Scum bags live forever it seems like causing all sorts of trouble then the good people get the crap end of the stick.

I hope your mum gets better and you can all enjoy some time together doing things that you all love xx

Thank you Hun, I can live with one lung is just need check ups a lot but they said no cause she's still got cancer. I love 3 hours away from home but I talk to my mum everyday it's still hard though. I just want her to be well I don't want her to have to have more and more upset and heartache she doesn't deserve it all she's ever done is be good to people and work her backside off. Xxx

That is rubbish that you live so far away it must be so tough :( I think it is an amazing thing for you to offer a lung and fingers crossed she will be better enough to take your lung :)

I hate to hear a nice person has got the horrid illness, it breaks my heart to hear this. My daughter's little friend from school who is 5 has cancer and I just think, she hasn't had a chance at life yet and she's fighting to stay alive already - and there are scum bags everywhere that are a massive drain on society that don't deserve to have the luxury of a healthy life. Really don't understand how the cards are dealt sometimes xxx

It's so tough, I know exactly what you're going through. My dad has terminal cancer and I would do absolutely anything to stop the inevitable. It's heartbreaking and seems totally unfair. I look around at elderly couples going for walks together and know that my parents won't have that chance. Also my dad's parents lived to their 90s, so I was no way expecting him to not get out of his 60s.

I just try to take each day at a time and make the most of all the time I get with him. I also try to get my kids over to see him as much as possible, although my son's been ill with a number of chest/ear infections this year and is now getting over chickenpox - meaning neither of mine have seen their granddad in a number of weeks and it's infuriating because you just don't know how much time is left.

Hopefully in your mum's case, the radiotherapy will work. Thoughts are with you xx

Sad to read this Violet, it is such a difficult time. My dad had cancer first and after mum had nursed him back to health she too got diagnosed so I understand the range of emotions you are going through, I just wanted to see how you are getting on today

Sorry to read your situation too Ella

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back