Not sure what to expect

Ems

Reaction score
I'm getting a duhl ache pain in my groin constantly, almost like a pressure feeling pushing down. I'm guessing this is baby getting more engaged? I also have mild back ache but it's constant. I'm getting baby activity though so I'm not hopeful! The pressure is pretty bad though. Any ideas ladys? Xx

It sounds like baby is pushing right down getting ready to arrive xx

Oh and I had constant back ache and pressure the day I went into labour with my second baby, you could be on labour watch :yay: xx

I don't know I'm sorry I just wanted to say that I hope this is the start of things for you! :D woop! x

Cant give any advice hun but just wanted to say hope this is things moving in the right direction for you :)
At ante natal last night, the lady did ask one girl who is 35 weeks if she was getting shooting pains in the tops of our thighs yet as apparently this is a sign of baby being engaged and twisting and turning into the right position

Thanks girls. I have a feeling I will be posting a labour thread soon xx

i was just thinking whether i should put out a new thread about pressure. the pressure im feeling is immense and the shooting pains are horrible, it feels like i need the toilet again too but i think its just the pressure, i have no contractions tho. i never had this feeling with my 1st 2 labours. keep us updated Ems

Will do guys. Exciting timed for us all. I'm going to try and get some sleep as I could be in for a long ride ahead x

Ooo GL both of you. Hopefully I'll have some labour threads to stalk soon.

I had those aches and sharp pains a few days before I went into labour, good luck xxxxx

Good luck, hope it's the start of things for you x

wonder if anythings happened yet x x

Not alot has changed. still lots of pressure but no regular contractions. i think it may have been head engaging even further. hey i just wondered... i have an early 40 week appt today and thought is it worth asking for a sweep. will they do it if i ask for one? the pressure has been really uncomfortable on my hips for a few days so ive heard that if your in a lot of discomfort then they could do it? what do you think xx

no harm in asking hun! I think all mw's are different and have different guidelines. My notes say i would be offered a sweep at 41 weeks. Even if she doesnt give you a sweep, ask her if she can give you a check to see if anything is happening for you :)

Did you ask? Did you get a sweep? Can't be long now Hun, nit when your feeling this much discomfort. You'll beva mammy soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back