Not sure what im guna call the baby now

mrs_tommo22

Reaction score
I had the name phoebe rose all picked out and was dead chuffed with it.
Now everytime i mention her name someone else has called their child that too and im starting to be put off that name no matter how much i love it.
Did anyone else have this?

Do you still love it though? If so then dont worry about other people having it too :hug:

When i first got pregnant we both loved the name Louise it stayed top of the list for months and months. Then a couple of months ago me and DH decided to pick our top five for boys and girls and Louise is no longer top of the pile its been bumped. i still love it but its no longer my fav.

I love the name but its getting ot be pretty common - like my name sarah !
I want to have a name fir my baby you dont hear all that often.

Aww as long as you love the name hun then it doesnt matter.

my so called best mate put me off my boys name, which was owen. my DH is michael and my little boy is mark. she said i'd sound either football or take that mad. now i cant think of owen without thinking mark owen!!!! owen is going in the middle now i think.

I used to have such a good list of babys names but all the ones i like are what you ladies have called yours lol

I'm honestly sure if you picked out a name or names that someone on the forum decided upon it won't make any difference, I mean were all so spread out, different circles of real life friends etc, some are in Scotland, Wales, Ireland, members all over England and even some international users...I think anyone would find it sweet if you wanted to use a name they have suggested.

Also, don't be put off by friend(s) calling their babies the name(s) you thought of, I do love the name Phoebe I really do and what ever happens there is more than one Phoebe in the world so you calling your daughter that isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference. If you like it use it.

Or...think of the fun you'll have drawing up new, unique named lists before the birth!! :)

Oh i know nicola, I do love it and it might end up being her name still, but am feeling a bit upset about it for some stupid reason!bloody hormones!
I know there is more then one phoebe out there, its just i keep hearing the name a lot recently.
I know its daft but i felt like it was her special name and now im not so sure.
Well either ways when shes born will definitely decide.

I think its a beautiful name and you should keep it unless your really unhappy with it. :)

Phoebe Rose is really sweet. I thought that when I saw your ticker Mrs Tommo. :)

I don't always tell people my shortlist of names. I told my mum today and even she said "oh I'm not sure I like that". :wall:

:hug:

I think it's soooo hard to pick a name, and it's great you have one already planned out. I reckon the best thing is to just chill with it for a while and see how you feel, maybe even until after she's born and you see her.

Or else there's always http://www.yournotme.com/ to find the most unique name you can! :D

Hi

I think if you love the name go for it who cares what others think
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back