not sure if this is a general or feeding q!!

GBLiz

Reaction score
Anjali is almost 4 months now and has discovered ramming her whole fist in her mouth and spends most of her spare time chewing on her fingers...

at the same time it seems like i can never feed her enough!! she keeps finishing a feed and then a short time after she's acting like she's STARVING!

is the hand chewing because she's hungry or getting ready to teethe? (cant feel any teeth) or just because she can?

and is the hunger due to growth spurt or means she's starting to need more than i can give her BFing?

sounds like teething to me! Hayden got his first tooth at just before 5 months and was chewing his fist and anything else for a few weeks before he cut the tooth...try a teething ring or teething powders..once the tooth comes through it should bring relief!

ps sorry wasn't sure about the feeding but it could be a growth spurt! deffo sounds like she is teething though :hug:

oh no, she's already almost chewed one nipple off, i dont need her getting teeth to add to it!! :wall: :wall: :)

It sounds exactly the same as Luke right now. She's probably thirsty in this weather too! When babies learn they can fit their fist in their mouth, they want to do it over and over again. It's not always a sign of weaning!

hi debbie :D i just read your thread after i'd posted mine and there are a lot of similarities....guess around this age they just want MORE of everything!

You know what I am going to say Liz!!! Daniel is doing the exact same :lol:

I have been rubbing a little Bonjela on his gums which seems to help. Has she started dribbling? Dan has, sometimes more than others.
When I finally see a tooth beginning to come through I am going to start popping his teething neckless on during the day :D

Also has Anjali become very vocal, making lots and lots of baby noises? Daniel never stops sometimes!

Hope you are all well :hug:

LOL kazlin I was also going to add she has suddenly become A LOT more vocal and making longer more drawn-out sounds....and yes she's dribbling more

she doesnt seem in any discomfort at all which is good, just feel like im constantly feeding her!

Emms is exactly the same, fist in mouth a lot, ++ feeding, shoving everything she can into her mouth, dribbling and really vocal!! I bought a teething toy thing and a teething dummy which you can put in the fridge so it cools their gums. Apparently teething can take months and the gums can be quite uncomfortable. It might be that and a bit of a spurt? Also hot weather and getting thirstier?

sounds like teeth to me, harrisons been doing the same for weeks! He's got two little peggys coming thru at the bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back