Not looking forward to weaning...

BabyMagic

Reaction score
Is there anyone else here who isn't looking forward to weaning :( ???

I have loved breastfeeding SO much that I feel quite sad that my boobies will have competition soonish (even though I have a little cheeky fussy boobie monster at the mo :rotfl: ) - not to mention stopping all together one day...

So, whether you are bottle feeding or breastfeeding your LO, are you feeling sad that this stage in your LOs life will come to an end sooner or later???

Midna - maybe having another baby soonish wouldn't be a bad idea (I saw your thread a while back about whether or not to have a second child) so that we could re-live the pleasures of early booby feeding?

Your feeding video clip is still the funniest thing I have seen!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Long live the boobs!

When I was pregnant with DS I watched a programme where they said about lambs being weaned where they were basically just taken away from their mums and put in a big pen. It made me cry and I've hated the word 'wean' ever since!

So I never 'weaned' DS I just introduced solids :wink: much nicer. :D

Last edited:
Yeah Im feeling funny about weaning too, while I'm quite looking forward to be all supermummyish and making tasty pureed veg etc I feel weird about feeding her anything other than booby milk (oh and gaviscon lol)
All the other babies in my postnatal group are a bit older and already eating though and they are like cute baby birds opening their mouths for the next spoonful, its sooooo sweet :D

i'm half looking forward to it. but dreading the mess already... and the day that my boobs become redundant... i'll be starting to introduce solids properly in a couple of weeks time but i'm hoping that the time doesn't pass too quickly.

I have mixed feelings. I am looking forward to giving Cally solids now, the last few weeks have been really tough going (monster growth spurt and teething) and I need a break of a few hours ( :pray: :pray: ). It is also going to be fun seeing her exploring food, she is so into things now and always trying to grab food so it will be funny to see her reaction.

On the other hand I think once Cally starts feeding herself she will quickly drop feeds. She is very different from Seren who loved being on the boob, even if she wasn't hungry she would want it for comfort etc, whereas Cally is only interested in milk and once she has had her fill thats her. If I pout her to the boob when she isn't hungry she gets really cross with me and shouts :rotfl:

beanie said:
If I pout her to the boob when she isn't hungry she gets really cross with me and shouts :rotfl:

:rotfl: Eva does this too...she makes me feel really foolish for even suggesting it to her especially if we are out :lol:

I couldn't wait to start my older 2 on solids, was just bored with the boobs all the time and wanted the next stage.

But with my youngest I knew that once i started, that was it forever and I just wanted to hold off for as long as possible: the mess; the time; the organisation! So much easier just to whip a boob out!!

But she got on fine and pretty much just eats what her older sisters do now. So not too stressful in all.

maybebaby said:
When I was pregnant with Austin I watched a programme where they said about lambs being weaned where they were basically just taken away from their mums and put in a big pen. It made me cry and I've hated the word 'wean' ever since!

So I never 'weaned' Austin I just introduced solids :wink: much nicer. :D

I like your approach - so I shan't be 'weaning' just introducing solids. It will be a next step, instead of something being taken away.

LO is like yours Beanie and Clarey, she only 'accepts' the boob if she is hungry enough - so maybe exploring food will be exciting for her.

Luckily, I still have a long time before I need to think about the whole solids business, enjoying booby time until then :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back